Status
Not open for further replies.

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
Just got this in my email
"120 Gorgeous Savinelli Pipes | All 40% Off MSRP"
at smokingpipes
the Desigual's look like a particularly good deal.
(I hope I didn't break any commercialization posts with this thread...I'm not affiliated with Savinelli or smokingpipes at all, just wanted to pass this info along to other users.)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have many Sav's and enjoy 'em all. Forty percent off is a good steep discount.

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
The discount is only on select pipes. .
You're right. I just bought this one though, couldn't resist...$84
002-033-40380.7244.jpg

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
The Savinelli Solaria pipes are 50% off.
Been salivating over that myself, they are nice looking pipes, but pushing 2 ozs each, too heavy for my tastes, my teeth appreciate lighter pipes, lol.

grettman

Lurker
Dec 28, 2018
Thanks for this post! New smoker here!
I got the same email but was put in my junk folder.
I would have missed this savings.
Just scored a solaria.

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Thanks for the heads up. Purchased a poker and a billiard. Now just have to wait 2 weeks for them to arrive!

enrikon

Lurker
Dec 26, 2018
I may be wrong, but the recently produced Savinelli have all the filters of 6 or 9 mm.

enrikon

Lurker
Dec 26, 2018
...but they also have the reducer to be inserted in place of the filter. But I do not know how it works.

Jan 8, 2013
I just saw this. Unfortunately the only 320 to be had is a Lancelloto rusticated. I'm not a big fan of those. Great deal though.

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
Did I miss something or was every pipe for sale a 6 mm filter type?

I may be wrong, but the recently produced Savinelli have all the filters of 6 or 9 mm.

...but they also have the reducer to be inserted in place of the filter. But I do not know how it works.
I think that they are all indeed 6mm; 'low end' Sav's tend to all be filtered, and from what I can tell, about 30-40% of their high ends are as well. Filtered pipes are really big in Europe...and to be honest, I only buy 6mm nowadays. I bought one a long time ago after spending the better part of 15 years smoking a non-filtered pipe, and the first time I saw all the stuff that the filter caught, I was hooked, but they aren't for everybody...there's a little extra maintenance that goes into a filtered pipe--i.e., the filter needs to be replaced about every 3 bowls or so (I use the balsa filters).
That said, yes, all of the filtered pipes come with a reducer; it's simply a sleeve that slips into the mortise. So, you can imagine a mortise that is slightly longer than a typical mortise would be, and the reducer slips into that. Works fine from what I understand...smokes just like a non-filtered pipe.

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
Now just have to wait 2 weeks for them to arrive!
Wow! Two weeks! Are you Canada or something? Fortunately, Smokingpipes is right down the interstate from me, so I get my stuff from them in about 1 to 2 days regular shipping. I'm sure you'll enjoy your purchases when you get them, though; I love Savinelli, nice, (relatively) inexpensive, smoke great, and last forever. The only Sav's I've gone through have been because I broke them (2 pipes), lost them overboard on my boat (3 pipes), or made a bet with someone and used one for target practice with one of my 9mm Smith and Wessons (1 pipe).

enrikon

Lurker
Dec 26, 2018
Filtered pipes are really big in Europe

Especially in Germany.

I believe that Savinelli produces a large part of her pipes with the filter because she has a good market in Germany. In Italy we smoke above all without filter, moreover - from us - Savinelli is not considered a high quality brand (except "punto oro", "giubileo" and autograph) and it is not much loved by Italian fans. Instead I see that it has a good success in the USA.

economistandfisherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2018
trout, where in Colorado are you? I spent a ton of time in the Campo and Two Buttes area up through Cheyanne Wells, then up 385 to Nebraska following the Ogallala Aquifer doing water resource research...didn't go much further west though...

Status
Not open for further replies.