PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Just wanted to pass along that if you are in the area and are unaware, Jungle Jim's International Market has a pipe section. They sell cheaper pipes, Lucienne, H.I.S., Cortina(I think), Sport, and some mini churchwardens and no name, "Italian" pipes. They also have a pretty decent selection of MacBaren, Ashton and CAO tins. One of the managers told me he is expanding his pipe section after I bitched and bitched about how big the cigar humidor was compared to pipes and tobacco. Oh yeah, they have one of those too. They also have all of the drugstore blends and the prices are decent but he said they will be going up soon.
Also, if you are ever in the area, this place is a friggin' trip and I highly recommend stopping by. They have just about every type of everything from all over the world. They were featured on Modern Marvels on The History Channel.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
Hey thanks for the info.I am in the western hills area.i will make it a point to check it out.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
I'm from Cheviot. Is it both Jungle Jim's, or just the one on route 4? You need to give them the phone number, web address of MM.
http://www.corncobpipe.com/

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I went to school at UD. My neighbor's girlfriend kept telling me to go saying "if you like trader joe's you'll love jungle jim's." I never made it out tho. Had she only mentioned the pipe section!!!
If you can spare the hour drive up to Dayton, The Wharf is a great place tho. Not the best pipe selection but the beat pipe baccy selection in the greater Dayton area, and excellent cigar choices. Oh, and you can smoke in there...w/ wifi.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Holy crap. Small world. I grew up on Lovell Avenue in Cheviot. Livin' in Vegas now though. Only head back to Cincy to visit family every once in a while. Have to check that place out though on my next trip back.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
i forgot all about jungle jim's having the pipe and cigar stuff. Thanks for the reminder.

I did not realize there were so many from the Cincy area, I grew up in Loveland, left in 2000 and started jumping all over the country, returned to Cincinnati area this past December.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
@ tiltjlp, I can't speak for the one in anderson. Route 4 is the one I'm talking about

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
tiltjlp your right up the street.lordofthepiperings i have a brother in vegas. man if all you

guys still lived in the area we could start a pipe club.lol

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
yes it`s skyline time.really it is.i have not had a 3 way in awhile. :P :crying:

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
I just received some great service from Jungle Jim's. This morning I was cleaning my pipes and I broke one that I had purchased there on 10-7. It was a cheap Lucienne but was still an investment on my part. The manager, Lee looked at it and told me to pick out another no questions asked. Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I really liked the pipe but view a cheap pipe as more of a tool rather than something I would repair (especially at $18.25.) Unfortunately they have raised their prices though. They have all of the Seven Seas line now and they went from $11 to $14. But hey, with service like that, I will spend a little extra sometimes.

gorbytim

Lurker
Feb 3, 2012
I prefer Straus for pipe tobacco. But no one in the Cindy area really carries extensive inventory of premium pipes. I live in Mason. I get my pipes and most of my pipe tobacco online.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Call carousel tobacconist in reading, worth the drive from mason

I live in montgomery.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Bump. Just wanted to let you guys know that the last time I was there they had gotten in some more stuff and I made it out with a tin of Old Dark Fired for 16 bucks! Not bad considering it was like playing Where's Waldo when trying to find it on the net. The manager, Lee, will listen to you if you really want something in and seems to be a stand up guy. I have yet to badger him about the cheapo knock off Chinese cobs he got in though. In his defense he was pretty much a cigar smoker and knew nothing about pipes until a short while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.