PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
For you guys smoking more than two bowls a day do you smoke them in the same pipe each day? rotate pipes through out the day? how often do you smoke out of the same pipe?
I try to give my pipes a rest and only smoke one bowl a day out of each (occasionally 2) and give them 3-5 days of rest or more.

bronxbriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 23, 2010
New York
I try to give my pipes a rest and only smoke one bowl a day out of each (occasionally 2) and give them 3-5 days of rest or more.
That is my way of proceeding as well. :puffpipe:

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Ive been taught to use one pipe a day, and give it as many days of rest as you can. If you grab one pipe smoke it for the day, (with a loose three bowl limit) and smoke a different pipe the next day. My pipe mentors say that the best scenario is 31 pipes that you love, one for each day of the month

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
I currently have 20 pipes in my rotation. They get a minimum of 24 hrs. between smokes, some even longer.

russ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2012
In the previous thread I said 4-6 Monday - Friday, most of those are the 4 cobs in my work truck. The 1 or 2 evening smokes are in one of my others. Same goes for the weekend smokes, but only 2 or 3 in a cob. For the rest of the weekend I smoke my Nordings, So they get a 5 to 6 day rest in between smokes. On average my pipes gets a 5 to 7 day rest.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
I use same pipe all day long. I do a quick clean after each smoke and sometimes run a pipe cleaner down stem about halfway through a bowl.

I try to rest that pipe for 2 days minimum, usually longer.

tonypuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2011
I smoke anywhere from 3-8 bowls per day, my morning pipe gets smoked once and then laid up until the next day along with my bedtime pipe but in-between those 2 times i have a couple pipes i smoke multiple bowls per day in and then they get a 2 days rest and i pull out 2 other workhorse pipes.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
I have 5 work day pipes and will normally smoke 4 + bowls a day in them and then they get a 7 day rest when I get home leaves me the rest of the rack to play with.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I grew up with pipe smokers who had maybe at most three pipes.I smoked a good many years before I became aware of a need to rotate pipes.I probably don't switch pipes as often as I should.I do switch when I change blends.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I use 3 pipes in a day. I smoke them once, then repeat the next day, then rest. If I smoke more than three bowls a day, it's usually in a cob or another pipe that is not part of my regular rotation. :puffy:
(They then rest at least 10 days before I get to them again.)

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
If I do smoke more than one bowl a day it depends on what I'm smoking. If I'm smoking the same tobacco then I'll use the same pipe again, but if I'm having a different tobacco then I will use a different pipe.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I have a pipe that stays in my truck, i smoke half a bowl at lunch then refill it for the drive home. I have a meer lined that i smoke when doing yard work or fishing because I tend to smoke constantly then. For my evening smoke I have seven in rotation and then I have some for the occasion that someone comes over & wants to join...hasn't happened yet, but Im ready when it does.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Before I became unemployed I would smoke 3-8 pipes a day frome different pipes. Now my meer takes about 5 bowls and 8 alternate between 4 other pipes bewtween.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I usually only smoke one bowl a day and sometimes not even that. I always use a fresh pipe for each bowl of tobacco that I smoke. I do have days where I smoke 2 or 3 bowls and on those days I use 2 or 3 pipes. I always rest a pipe for at least 24 hrs before smoking it again.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I only have 9 pipes including a cob and a beater. I try to give them 24 hours rest and not smoke more than 3 bowls of each per day. They are dedicated to blend types ( English, VA, flakes, aros ) and if I am smoking the same pipe all day I don't mix blends or types. They do get cleaned between smokes with at least pipe cleaner in the stem and q-tips to the tenon, and bowl scrape.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
I normally use a fresh pipe for each bowl. That said, I brought 4 pipes with me to Chicago, but smoked 6 bowls yesterday and 7 today. The Ashton & Bjarne are holding up well, but the Moretti is smoking noticeably wetter. The Carey is bulletproof and smoking like a champ. Pipes and Cigars was giving away Cobs today (MM's), so I have a couple of these as backup if needed as well as the new acquisitions...

carlosviet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2012
I have a question about pipe rotation. When did it start? I remember my father and father's generation having just one or two pipes; I remember very well that the pipe racks were for 2 or 3 pipes at most!

I can't find pipe rotation advice in any old treaty, neither.
I have my breakfast always with my churchwarden, and my late night puff from my meerschaum, because I like the specific tobacco and draw combination for those moments. In the middle, It's a same pipe for the whole day, the one I choose for the day.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
I smoke around 6 to 8 bowls a day, while having more than 15 pipes, it is all about my mood, I stare to my rack and one of my pipes calls me so I pick it up. Sometimes I rotate, others I may smoke two or three bowls in the same pipe as it harmonizes my mood. I don't have certain time for smoking except the bowl I smoke in the car every morning while driving to work. I can say it is the call of nicotine when I hear the call I have to obey :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.