PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
Hello all! Needing advice from you all on flying with pipes and tobacco. I will be flying out next week and will be gone for over a week which means I will need at least 5 pipes and probably 5-6 ounces of different tobacco's. I will not be checking bags. Any advice as to best practices, what to look for, tsa, packing, etc.? Your wisdom will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
You'll be fine with pipes and baccy. Be careful with a pipe knife. Take a nail. Also, don't take a lighter, buy a bic at your destination.

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
Thank you both. Any issues with having tobacco in ziplock bags, or do I need to bring sealed tins?

mwsmoker

Might Stick Around
Sep 15, 2017
Don't bring a knife. Everything else is a non-issue. I am a Diamond on Delta averaging over 200,000 miles/year. Many of them with pipes, lighters, tins, baggies, etc.

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
I had a torch lighter confiscated once, but no other issues. Still, my general rule is to not bring anything to the airport that I can't bear to lose. Basically, I'd bring as many cobs as possible.

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
Thanks for all the responses! .... I flew out of Charlotte Monday,was stopped going through security and they went through my bags. Nothing confiscated, but just a hassle. The hilarious thing was the lady checking my bag, it was like it was very unbelievable to her that anyone smokes a tobacco pipe, and she was asking all kinds of questions about the tobacco's I had as if it was so strange to her that people actually smoke in order to enjoy the flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.