PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I've learned that the best way to handle onions in the griddle scenario is to pile 'em on and adjust to taste afterward, when plating.

Two reasons: 1) onions vary in strength/oniony-ness; and 2) you don't have to "chase & scrape" around the griddle to retrieve all that you started with (they get scattered at flipping time.)

Oh yeah, a mix of stone ground and yellow mustard + hand-sliced Vlasic "Original Whole Dill" pickles (much better than pre-cut ones for some reason) FTW

nom nom nom

puffy

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I've learned that the best way to handle onions in the griddle scenario is to pile 'em on and adjust to taste afterward, when plating.

Two reasons: 1) onions vary in strength/oniony-ness; and 2) you don't have to "chase & scrape" around the griddle to retrieve all that you started with (they get scattered at flipping time.)

Oh yeah, a mix of stone ground and yellow mustard + hand-sliced Vlasic "Original Whole Dill" pickles (much better than pre-cut ones for some reason) FTW

nom nom nom

puffy
Afraid I've never tolerated the taste of dill. Now, jalapeno relish might be another matter. ;)

• Love
Reactions: Chasing Embers

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Afraid I've never tolerated the taste of dill. Now, jalapeno relish might be another matter. ;)
Dammit! I forgot I had a jar of sliced jalapenos in the fridge when I made those burgers a few hours ago. :LOL:

A bit of tangy heat definitely tops burgers off like nothing else.

How the HELL did I forget???!!!

I guess the only fix is to make 'em again tomorrow. :col:

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
George, this looks amazing. It's no surprise that someone with your skill also has mastery in the kitchen. Cooking is also a pleasure I enjoy when I have the time. It would be wonderful to someday sit around a large table with our mutual friends and enjoy a meal, and perhaps even a pipe.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Had this recipe on my mind these past few months and finally gave it a shot, using much more shredded onion than usual, though apparently not as much as George used. Improvised a bit. The results were very, very good. Next time I'll see how thin I can get the patties.
IMG_20220422_180345~2.jpg
IMG_20220422_183400~2.jpg