PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I would suggest you try to taste all the non flavoured tobaccos (Virginia, burley, latakia etc etc) & blends before you go the flavoured route.

That will give you a better grounding on which to progress if you feel the need.

That's how I approached things and I was happy with non flavoured though I did of course try a few flavoured blends.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: JOHN72 and Merton

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I would suggest you try to taste all the non flavoured tobaccos (Virginia, burley, latakia etc etc) & blends before you go the flavoured route.

That will give you a better grounding on which to progress if you feel the need.

That's how I approached things and I was happy with non flavoured though I did of course try a few flavoured blends.

Regards,

Jay.
This! I’ve found many Virginias that are plenty sweet without being soaked in PG and chemicals and god only knows what, also they burn cooler and easier saving on relights and tongue bite.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
While there are a number of posts in this thread which are helpful and answer the OP's original question, there are others which are so sarastic and even mean spirited that they betray the spirit , intent and even stated goals of this forum.
To the OP, Granger, ashton gold rush, Amphora full and MacBaren Scottish Mixture.

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
While there are a number of posts in this thread which are helpful and answer the OP's original question, there are others which are so sarastic and even mean spirited that they betray the spirit , intent and even stated goals of this forum.
To the OP, Granger, ashton gold rush, Amphora full and MacBaren Scottish Mixture.
Merton gets it- Scottish Mixture and Granger all the way.

8ball

Lurker
Jun 20, 2022
Flavored I interpret as aromatics. Light ones IMO are typically the Lane Limited products. Famous ones, of course 1Q and RLP-6, both a characteristically very mild.
1q and Rlp6 is exactly what I was thinking of.

Reactions: clynch

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
Sutliff Vanilla D40
MacBaren Vanilla Flake
Boswell's Pipe's Cherry Smash
Sutliff Chocolate Supreme
Boswell's Chocolate Creme
C'Est La Vie Chocolate Eclaire
Sutliff's Barbados Plantation
Sutliff's Voodoo Queen
C&D's Visions of Celephais Grape
East India Trading's Officer's Club
MacBaren's 7 Seas Regular
Peterson's Summertime 2010
Cult Blood Red Moon
Sutliff's Peaches & Creme
Kendall's Chocolate Flake

For more exotic offerings..
Sasieni Balkan

Reactions: charriga

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
The list will go on and on. I'd suggest Lane 1Q. Additionally whatever you try, just go slow. If you have multiple pipes try the same tobacco in each pipe for several days. If you have a filter, try it with and without the filter. Just go slow. Read up on the history of the tobacco you buy, it helps.

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
Woops, I meant to say Sutliff Queen Anne's Revenge, not Voodoo. Stupid Mandela Effect..