PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Drove up to the Hudson River Valley for a friend's memorial service. Took along a shaving bag with

four pipes, three tobaccos, pipe tool, pipe cleaners and matches. Last of three nights as a house guest,

I finally stepped out on the deck for a smoke, first time it was polite and possible. The rest of the time,

we were in a hotel, on schedule, or in someone's home, and a nice bowl of tobacco just wasn't easily

possible. Travel doesn't accommodate the habit so well, unless you're mostly outdoors. Does travel

increase or decrease your pipe time?
P.S. Drive up was rough, deluge of rain, trying to keep track of the dim taillights of the white car in

front of us, the big trucks inundating us as they passed, etc. It was like being at sea in a storm.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Generally when I travel I smoke a lot. But I travel for work (going to gigs) and will easily smoke between set up and show time, although it is easier for outside shows than inside. Or I'm travelling for fishing, which means lots of smoking, and the last would be a vacation, but those are rare. But if I'm on one, of course I will smoke. The point is to relax and do what you want - so I smoke!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
It depends on where I'm going. If I go to Gatlinburg, I smoke a lot. If I go to Florida or Georgia, not so much except for the drive time. Gatlinburg is a pretty tobacco friendly town, and it's close so I tend to go there more often.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
I can sympathize with the OP. I can't count the number of times I've been away on business, packed up my pipes with the best of intentions, and then returned home with all of the pipes unsmoked.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
I travel a lot on business - tomorrow for example I am off to London for a few days. I find it hard to find the time or place to smoke. I take a small pipe and around 25g of tobacco if the occasion arises - it rarely does. I find I smoke more in the comfort of my own home.

Status
Not open for further replies.