PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Anyone ever try it? Whats your opinion. Have 10 pouches laying around, wondering if I should open 1 or let it age some thanks

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's burley, and by current lights, doesn't gain much from aging, so break open one of those pouches and pack a bowl. Go easy at first until you get its range. It's high nicotine, and very dry and burns fast. Have a good meal, have a tall glass of water, and start with a small bowl or part of a medium bowl, and see how you like it. If you're a burley guy, you'll probably do fine. If you don't know, go slow.

Mar 1, 2014
I appreciate Five Brothers for the simple fact that it's an almost dummyproof tobacco.

The flavour is different, I actually tried it very early on after getting my first pipe, it didn't seem like much at first but six months later (after I had grown to know more subtleties) I could actually appreciate it for what it is and not what it isn't.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Well mso489 you were right fired up a bowl, a big bowl. No bad effects but it did stop my urge for a cig, just quit about 7 wks ago. man this stuff burned fast, seems like less then 5 minutes . didn't 4get about you mcitinner thks

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
scrooge, just a footnote ... several Forums members have said Five Brothers is a great pick-up to mix with milder blends to give them a little charge of nicotine and maybe flavor or even-burning too. I haven't tried this. I always smoke Five Brothers neat, but I like the idea of mixing it and may try it.

jimbo44

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
Finest 5 minutes you'll ever have (as the Bishop said to the Actress!).

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Pipestud stated he had it every morning "parfait" style, 2/3 on top of 1/3 royal Yacht. He likes nicotine, that is for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.