Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukester

Might Stick Around
Jan 12, 2011
Soon it will be opener of fishing and i was just wondering, What some of the blends you all like to enjoy while out fishing?

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Greatoutdoors in warmer weather, prefer AM pipe in cooler Weather. And fishing season is 365, never ends. I would move if AL changed that.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Thanks for bringing this up, lukester
I had full intention of hitting Pacifica Pier today, but stuff happened.
The last time I fished with a pipe, I was smoking the "who knows what this jar stuff is" from my local B&M. Corinthian is what it was called, some aromatic I still have ... I actually wonder if I could puff it and figure out what's in it now.
I'll probably be packing some Frog Morton On the Bayou and McClellands Legends the next time I fish.
If there's any other Bay Area pier rats (that's what pier fishers are called around here), and want to meet up some weekend, PM me.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Up until now I always smoke Captain Black white in an MM cob when fishing but I'm really liking the Peterson Gold Blend I been trying. So I may have to try that this year instead.

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
I typically smoke cigars when I fish, and save the pipe (and bourbon) for post-fishing relaxation. But when I'm camping, GLP Jack Knife Plug is a common choice for me.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
To freaking hot to smoke today. I did snuff a few times, W/O/S Honey menthol. Got some nice bass pitching jigs! :D
DSC05977.jpg

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
I typically smoke cigars when I fish, and save the pipe (and bourbon) for post-fishing relaxation.
This my preferred method as well, though sometimes I do fill a "yard" pipe with China Black Fire Cured. Took my two boys fishing for Spring Break & brought along some C&D Night Train... Way too powerful to mindlessly puff on 8O No fun being dizzy walkin' the spoil banks!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I lost my fishing buddy last Friday I will miss our times togather killin packs of Marlboros and sippin on a pint .Thanks Uncle Eddie . :(

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
buster, NICE LARGE MOUTH BASS!
I don't smoke while I fish either, usually.
Side note: went pier fishing, caught a silver surfperch ... not in season, it went back in the Bay. First decent sized fish I've caught in a long time. Nope no pics, sorry, wish it 'twere otherwise. Did see someone catch a keeper sized striped bass while I was there though.
I puffed some On the Bayou on the way home from the pier though.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Caught our limits in Shellcraker today. Gonna eat good tomorrow! Smoked the heck out of a cob loaded with Great Outdoors. Lost track of number of bowls.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Good for you dervis ... hopefully I'll have a pic to post here soon ... the likely catches at the pier are perch (which are out of season at the moment), leopard shark, bat rays, and striped bass amongst a variety of other little fish.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I always smoke 'high-end' tinned tobacco's except when in the boat. I smoke Carter Hall

or Prince Albert from the corner store....
TopD

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I smoke whatever strikes my fancy or what I have at hand, lately the tobacco I keep in my jacket pocket has been Ashton's Smooth Sailing so that's what I've been smoking when fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.