PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
As the sun finally shines on Ohio and temperatures begin to rise (slowly, but rising nonetheless) I'm getting ready to pull out the rod and head down to the lake. What better time to enjoy a pipe?
Now, I've seen both Trout Stream and Angler's Dream mentioned in the "What are you smoking?" thread numerous times, so I'm looking into purchasing one or both (what better names for tobacco to smoke while fishing?). I just thought I could get some humble opinions on the blends from you most respected gentlemen before I place an order. Thanks!

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
It's good you're not a hunter, you'd be buying Three Blind Moose from me!!!!
Rich

4noggins.com

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Now let's not be hasty. I do my fair share of hunting too, though I can't say I've ever gone after a moose. Don't count me out yet on that Three Blind Moose, I'm already looking into it.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
nsfisher,
Fly fishing is a skill I've always wanted to learn but never actually had anyone take the time to teach me. Someday I'll figure it out.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
if the weather holds it should be good fishing this weekend. The Mad River should be fishing great this weekend (fly) I might slip out to Buckeye Lake this weekend just to enjoy the sun and smoke a few bowls.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Ahhh.. can't wait for fishing...we got some great lake up here in Washington and one of the best rivers for salmon in the lower 48

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
Fishing weather...I'm still waiting. Just snowed last week and I'm tired of being cold but when the time comes a Grabow and the Captain, or another over the counter blend, work for me while out in nature.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I have had two trout trips and went exploring for bass once this year. I mostly fish for bass and I am pretty wound up over some new tricks I want to try. I also have some fly casting lessons starting next week end!
To answer your other question, 1-Q or Mac B. vanilla flake. :puffy:

reap

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
+1 to fishing.
Just got a new Spratley pram and can't wait to get out to try it out as well as a new 5wt rod. Didn't get out nearly enough last year which I'm going to correct this year. This weekend will be the first trip out, just trying to decide what I'll fill my pipe with out there. Probably some Hyde Park....maybe some Habana Daydream. Don't forget to replace those old leaders and stretch the fly lines!

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
My local fishing club holds its first Large Mouth Bass tourny of the year on April 6th. I'll be cleaning and prepping my boat this weekend and getting ready to launch it on the 5th.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I'm taking my boy fishing for the first time this summer, he just turned 4. I haven't fished in over 25 years so not sure how successful we'll be, but I'm looking forward to it. I bought him a MM Mini-cob cause he likes to be like Dad, he runs around with it all the time, it's pretty cute.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Still have a lot of snow around my house, but with a trout stream in my backyard, I've got to do some fly fishing this summer. Looking forward to it. I haven't used my fly rod in years, so I've got to re-learn some things.
tumblr_m36cu8di6v1qfdlrk.jpg

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Still lots of snow here & ice fishing would be more like it right now. Come on spring , lets get going . I'm anxious to get out on the lake & enjoy a nice bowl as soon as possible.

reap

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
Got out today, brought home four nice rainbows and first sun burn of the year. Had a few bowls and relaxed. Doing the same tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.