PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
I just had my very first taste of perique, and VaPer. Just finished a bowl of C&D bayou morning and I have to say that it was... Divine. What a taste! The peppery deep taste of this fine tobacco was something else. Consistent flavour that seemed to deepen and get more rewarding through the bowl and it burnt down to a fine ash with no harshness anywhere to be found. I did sense that it had quite large nic content but that just helped me sip slow and that made for a truly rewarding smoke. Great stuff!

spartanfan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2013
Great that you liked it straight out of the gate. For a long time I thought I didn't like it but it was really more of finding a blend that I really liked that presented it in a manner which I liked the taste. Great stuff.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think you'll soon discover the many faces of Perique: peppery; earthy; musty; fruity; and sometimes

working in a blend without any taste at all, in the way a silent "e" can change a word's pronunciation.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Welcome to the dark side. :puffy: May I suggest:
Escudo

McClelland St. James Woods

GL Pease Haddos Delight

H&H Anniversary Kake

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
I'll try to slowly but surely work my way through the jungle of different blends. I'm very curious about escudo given it's stellar reputation. :puffpipe:

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
Alexnorth - I'm going to begin the same. www.tobaccoreviews.com has a great site and you can search by brand, blend, name. I'm going to start to focus on Blends (like vir/perq) and try a few different ones and see what I think. I have several English blends I like, but after 2 years into this hobby, I think I'm going to get deeper.

alexnorth

Apr 7, 2015
Yes, tobaccoreviewes is a great tool! Bearing in mind the difference in how we perceive taste and smell it still carries a wealth of knowledge and the rating system with stars ofcourse indicates the quality of a blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.