PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
made this pipe over the weekend. finished it up yesterday. gettin its first smoke on the way to work. filled with boswells northwoods.

PB170004-1.jpg

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
thanks. first smoke was great. great air flow. i always wet the inside of a new pipe before i smoke it. seems to help from charing the bowl. now waiting on some briar blocks to make more. never can have to many pipes.lol

hellar

Lurker
Oct 30, 2010
man i wish i had the space, and knew how to make my own pipes. i would be making them all day.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
it does not take much. a cheap disk sander and a dremil tool. you can get briar kits on ebay for 24 bucks. just start sanding and see where it ends up. i am real impressed the way they smoke. out of the 6 i made only 3 had real nice grain. so i just rusticated them. i use a varible speed drill mounted in my vice to use with the polishing wheels. may not sell for 100`s of dollars but they smoke like it. dave

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Please post a pic of your setup, and maybe some shots of work in progress. I know I'd love to see them! Are there any particular eBay sellers that you go with for the briar?
Simon

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
i just got a semi bent stem kit in the mail. i will try and video making a pipe in a few days. what i like if your not happy with the outcome just sand some more. i did this with 2 pipes i made. after looking at them for awhile i decided to change them. for the better. just go on ebay and look up pipe kits. dave

Status
Not open for further replies.