PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Ribs have healed enough to allow me to attempt a smoke.
I loaded some P S Luxury Navy flake into a small acorn made by Zack.
Currently, I am in Nirvana :D
Stuff, puff and watching the rain. Maybe a pain killer later in the evening with a bowl of Gawith Best Brown for an encore.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I loaded some P S Luxury Navy flake into a small acorn made by Zack.
You can never go go wrong with that, and a good start. Just finished a bowl myself!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Glad to hear that your feeling better Saint!
Maybe a pain killer later in the evening with a bowl of Gawith Best Brown for an encore.
LOL ... "Percoset and a Pipe". :P

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Sneezing the first week was like being skewered through the ribs with a rusty spit. :x

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Sneezing the first week was like being skewered through the ribs with a rusty spit. :x
Did the pain med and Best Brown earlier and now unto a bowl of Proper English.
Like that song; "Feeling Alright" :D
I haven't had a cup of coffee or a cigarette for 15 days! Hard to not smoke after coffee so I have given coffee up for now.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Luxury Navy Flake was a great choice for a trial run. I really like that stuff. I'm glad

you are feeling better saint. Take it a step at a time.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Sneezing the first week was like being skewered through the ribs with a rusty spit.
I know the pain from having a collapsed lung years ago. Three or so days after I got out of the hospital I was lighting up cigarettes again! Doesn't make me strong... but simply being a complete idiot. :wink:

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Glad you're back in the world of the living. I contracted whooping cough some years ago, and actually cracked a rib from the violent coughing. Let me tell you how wonderful it felt to cough after that!

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
Awesome to hear but I am curious why you couldn't smoke even if your ribs hurt. I thought drawing in the smoke was done with the mouth and if you don't in hale the smoke wouldn't think it would be to different than breathing.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
East you must of never broke ribs, every breath you take is murder, I fell in a caged ladder at work, down about 30 ft, was the leading Supervisor on big turnaround , kept my mouth shut, went to my hometown on off day and got an X-ray , 3 cracked ribs, I knew the Dr, he had delivered me, got him to show me how to tape it up. Worked the whole turnaround and nobody was the wiser. That was 35 yrs ago and I still remember the pain.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
I never broke my ribs this is correct. However if the pain was bad even if I took a regular breath I would think I might as well have a few drinks then smoke my pipe if the pain is going to be the same. just my way of thinking. However I do believe no one knows how they may react to something unless it's already happened to them. I hope I never find out.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
One of the problem that I had was not being able to clear the mucus because of the pain and was developing early pneumonia. Between the pain meds, antibiotics and steroids I didn't want to smoke. I'm off the steroids and antibiotics and my sense of taste has started to return and felt yesterday that I could smoke a bowl and enjoy it.
Looking forward to a bowl of 4Noggins Bread Loaf after brunch. I guess the question will be when I fully heal, will I want a cigarette.
Bradley, you are a tougher buzzard than I :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.