First Smoke In My Sixten Ivarsson- Dark Flake Aromatic

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cshubhra, with your Sixten and Jess you have become one of the most formidable collectors on the board.​

I heartily endorse your tobacco choices.

I hope it smokes well for you.

Thank you ? It smokes exceptionally well, as expected. It feels good to own a piece to tobacciana history !

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I imagine that a Sixten pipe, in and of itself, is hard to find, and a Sixten that doesn't cost multi-thousands, is even harder to come by. I believe I saw this pipe on Dave Neeb's site, which while the subject is raised has become my favorite site and on which I've twice found Dave's smooths to have the best value. But back to the Sixteen, I believe this was the first I've seen for sale.

I imagine that a Sixten pipe, in and of itself, is hard to find, and a Sixten that doesn't cost multi-thousands, is even harder to come by. I believe I saw this pipe on Dave Neeb's site, which while the subject is raised has become my favorite site and on which I've twice found Dave's smooths to have the best value. But back to the Sixteen, I believe this was the first I've seen for sale.
Yes, I purchased both the Jess and Sixten from Dave. Dave gets some great pipes ?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Some of you wanted to know, my first smoke in this pipe. I mentioned Lakeland tobacco and I was not joking. The first smoke is Gawith Hoggarth and Company Dark Flake Aromatic which is one of my most favorite tobacco. This pipe will be dedicated to Dark Flake Aromatic, Dark Flake Unscented, 1792 Flake and Dark Birds Eye
View attachment 79256

Dark Flake Aromatic, Dark Flake Unscented, 1792 Flake and Dark Birds Eye
Otherwise known as the 4 food groups to pipemen of certain distinction ?

The pipe suits you very well. Looks like a most generous chamber too, for those long and leisurely, Vitamin N fortified, breakfast bowls with coffee.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Yes, I purchased both the Jess and Sixten from Dave. Dave gets some great pipes ?
Yes, great pipes. A better acquaintance with collectors? (And much as I've heard about them, I don 't know any. Consorting with the riff-raff for them a no no , just as it is among the pipe cognoscenti? Marty Pulvers response to my tale of forum imbroglio was "Of course!"

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
cshubhra: Congratulations - both on your tastes in tobaccos (all favorites of mine) but especially on scoring those magnificent pipes. May they surpass your expectations!

Reactions: cshubhra