Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Went to my first pipe club meeting at my local shop. Shout out to Ye Olde Pipe & Tobacco in Phx,AZ. It was a very cool evening event, a blending demonstration and discussion about tobacco with Jeremy Reeves of Cornell & Diehl.

What a great guy, he was so down to earth and generous with his time as was Joe from C&D as well. They took time to discuss tobacco and blending styles, techniques, and flavor profiles. It was nice to get recommendations from the guy who creates the stuff.

The group of guys was friendly and there were people from all parts of life, age, occupations, and time into piping. I think I’ll be back. If you are contemplating a pipe shop hangout or club, go do it. Bring some pipes and some tobacco to share and just be open to people. You’ll learn a lot.

Thanks again to Ye Olde crew and Jeremy Reeves for a great evening.

Parsimonious Piper

Can't Leave
Oct 12, 2019
Our monthly club meetings (shout out to Triangle Area Pipe Smokers in the Raleigh, NC area) have been a godsend for me. We have a couple very good artisan pipe makers in the group (David S. Huber and John Inge) who always have samples to show, and members’ age ranges from mid-twenties to, well, older than I. It’s always a relaxing few hours swapping tobacco samples and tall tales, and the one sure shot I have to enjoy a rich Latakia that my wife can’t stand. I learn something about tobaccos, pipes, smoking, or industry history every time.

Wish I’d known about those shops & meetings when I lived in AZ because I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the meets here in NC.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I’ve been wondering if there was anyplace to go in the South Florida area where I could chat with other pipe smokers face to face. As much as I enjoy these forums, they are no substitute for the pleasure of being able to discuss and compare pipes and tobaccos with someone while you are actually having a smoke with them.
As far as I can tell, I’m the only pipe smoker in the entire area and I know that can’t be true!

rdoss16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2019
glad to hear the meeting was a success. I need to get out and attend one of my local meetings here in Raleigh, @Parsimonious Piper - awesome to hear from first hand experience about TAPS - been meaning to make a meeting but had been a little apprehensive as I dont know anyone in the group (or any other pipe smokers for that matter). hopefully i can make Decembers meeting.

Parsimonious Piper

Can't Leave
Oct 12, 2019
glad to hear the meeting was a success. I need to get out and attend one of my local meetings here in Raleigh, @Parsimonious Piper - awesome to hear from first hand experience about TAPS - been meaning to make a meeting but had been a little apprehensive as I dont know anyone in the group (or any other pipe smokers for that matter). hopefully i can make Decembers meeting.

It‘s a shame you missed this one. We took a tour of the Fullsteam brewery in Durham, including a sampler of five of their brews. I had to add a glass of their Imperial Stout, which was rather good. You (and anyone in the broader Triangle area) can sign up for the monthly emails that give details of upcoming meetings, as the location changes just about every month. We’d love to have you join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.