PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

helm

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Just bought my first ever peterson pipe, a 2011 christmas pipe.
Not that big of a deal over all, but sure does make me happy.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Helm:
I don't know squat about Peterson pipes except that they're highly regarded on this board and that they're good looking burners. Please share some pix when you can.
Fnord

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yes. Pix are definitely in order! I know Peterson has had some quality issues in recent years, but I have one, an Ebony 303 and I love it! I also have an older Pete Meerschaum coming. Can't wait!

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Those green colours are very festive indeed! Beautiful pipe and I've heard they smoke great. Looking forward to seeing how it smokes!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
As mentioned many times before, Peterson makes great pipes. I don't think I've ever heard of any complaints about Peterson pipes other than certain people not liking some of the system pipes. Enjoy the new pipe!

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
Peterson may make some good pipes but their quality control is lacking. The drill holes tend to vary wildly in placement. Check it over before you smoke it to ensure you did not receive a bad pipe.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
You've made a good choice,I`m pretty sure it will be a pipe you will enjoy for many years .

helm

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Ok, No photos as I suck at taking em.
Smokes wonderfully, no obvious defects that I can see.
The finish itself is a nice dark green, but I have read that color finishes tend to darken over time so I will probably end up with a blackish looking pipe.
Other than that not much to say, I think once it is broken in it will move to the head of my list of favorite smokers. Although I have a limited number of pipes, so the jump to the top is not that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.