PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I finally upgraded my collection with an estate Peter Heeschen blowfish from SPC. What a wonderful pipe it is! Smokes cool, balances well in the hand. The draw is a bit open for my taste, but manageable.
The stem accent has a couple of surface/stress cracks, but they flow with it. No issues/leakage.
Taking proper photos with a tablet is beyond my skill level, so here are some SPC shots
004-001-5767.jpg

004-001-5767_1.jpg

004-001-5767_2.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipe and I am very glad to hear you love how it smokes. A fine addition to your collection, congrats. If you are not used to an open draw( I happen to love them) try packing a little tighter, that should work fine. I really like an open draw because I can pack tighter and I believe a tighter pack gives me a cooler and more flavorful smoking experience.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. I hope enjoy it for many years to come. One advantage to working at SPC is that you are your own delivery and do not need to wait on another courier bringing to you for your enjoyment.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
@ cigrmaster .... thanks for the tip. I don't think it's a packing issue, but rather that I tend to draw "passionately" quite often, which will burn the baccy too hot, too fast, too moist etc . I have smoked 5 bowls through this pipe so far, all flakes ( GH Best Brown #2, Ennerdale, SG Navy Flake x3 ) and they behaved very well, except the last one which got soggy on the last 1/4, but that's because the baccy was on the moist side to begin with.
@flmason ..... absolutely correct! Another thing, this pipe was cleaned by one of my partners-in-crime a few weeks ago, it was sort of "love at first sight". I sold a few of my Petersons last week and was able to bring it home Friday.

Jan 8, 2013
Since eyeing photos of Peck's tormented blowfish here, I've wanted to add a blowfish to my small collection some day. I've grown to really enjoy the look of the shape. Hope that yours smokes like a dream. :D

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
It does. In my book, an excellent pipe will not smoke without you, and this is no exception. If left alone for more than 30 seconds, it will gracefully go out and wait for me to become involved again.

Status
Not open for further replies.