PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Last week I was finally in their home of Jackson, Ms, a 3 hour drive from my house on unrelated business. Was really looking forward to visiting their store but they were closed on Sunday unfortunately.

Reactions: tomnernas2ndson

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
It's about an hour and half drive from where I live in MS, but I've been visiting them for quite a few years. Jon David is an outstanding person with wonderful service and products. My favorite blend from them so far is Hunting Creek, a bit of aro with latakia in it, similar to Shortcut to Mushrooms from JFH. I hope many here on this forum can support them!

I bought one of their house pipes a year ago or so, and it's stamped Czech. Nothing fancy, but a solid well made pipe.

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
I fired up a bowl of Northwest Trek over the weekend, and am looking forward to another bowl tomorrow. I like what I'm tasting so far! I'm trying to save Figgy Pudding until closer to Christmas, but I'm not sure that'll happen.

M

Marindas

I fired up a bowl of Northwest Trek over the weekend, and am looking forward to another bowl tomorrow. I like what I'm tasting so far! I'm trying to save Figgy Pudding until closer to Christmas, but I'm not sure that'll happen.

I too like Northwest Trek, but I keep going back to Figgy Pudding since I tried it during Thanksgiving. Too bad it is only seasonally available, but that makes it a special treat.

DavidT

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2019
Iowa
I ordered 4oz. of Old Toby and received a zip lock bag containing a glob of tobacco smaller than the palm of my hand.
I don't have a scale, so I don't know how much it weighed.But it's much much smaller than the other 4oz. packages I've ordered from other vendors.
I did get the hand written note on my invoice.Which was a nice touch.

I like the Old Toby blend, order fulfillment was quick and shipping was fast enough.But I'll be purchasing a scale before the next time I order from them.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
I ordered 4oz. of Old Toby and received a zip lock bag containing a glob of tobacco smaller than the palm of my hand.
I don't have a scale, so I don't know how much it weighed.But it's much much smaller than the other 4oz. packages I've ordered from other vendors.
I did get the hand written note on my invoice.Which was a nice touch.

I like the Old Toby blend, order fulfillment was quick and shipping was fast enough.But I'll be purchasing a scale before the next time I order from them.

Give them a call and send them a picture. Jon David will make it right if the order wasn't correct.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA

I have found that the volume of bulks varies widely with the moisture content. I got a 4oz bag of Sutliff Crème Brûlée that fit in a jar I would use for 2oz of drier tobacco. That stuff is goopy and wet as anything.

Reactions: DavidT

DavidT

Might Stick Around
Nov 12, 2019
Iowa
Give them a call and send them a picture. Jon David will make it right if the order wasn't correct.

That's the thing, I really don't know if it was short at all. So I'd rather not get in to that unless I can weigh the packages myself so I do. I'm not upset or anything , and do plan to order from them again.I really like that Old Toby and they have a few other house blends I'd like to try.

I need my own scale anyway if I plan to order bulks alot. Mistakes do happen from time to time, we are all human.

Status
Not open for further replies.