PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Coming up on 25 years with this fellow. Picked it up at a local State Park for $8.

View attachment 111531
That baby has seen some action. Looks beautifully worn in after that amount of time. Amazing price too. I'd like to forget what I paid for my wallet. I guess if I get a lifetime of use and able to pass it down to my son, it's priceless in my eyes

leonardbill1

Lifer
May 21, 2017
Denver, CO
If I ever come across a morta pipe, I will be very tempted to have it. I don't see them often
I have two morta pipes from Todd Harris that I like. He'll make the pipe to your specifications and is very communicative in the process. I like colored stems and he has a lot of stem color options that you can choose from.

turningsbytodd

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have two morta pipes from Todd Harris that I like. He'll make the pipe to your specifications and is very communicative in the process. I like colored stems and he has a lot of stem color options that you can choose from.

turningsbytodd
I have one ordered from Andrey Kharitonov, his first one in fact. Says he really enjoys working with it.

0d3dc48f0da9.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
If I ever come across a morta pipe, I will be very tempted to have it. I don't see them often
Take a peek at Moretti Pipes. Marco sells on EBay and his mortas are very reasonably priced. Great communication and ships quickly.

Good starter mortas. Not everyone is enamoured with mortas. If you decide you like them, then go for a more expensive one. If not, you haven't shelled out a lot.

If you don't see anything you like from the choice available, email Marco and he'll be happy to make you one from his catalogue.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I have been smoking Cornell and Diehl Carolina Red Flake and some Christmas Cheer exclusively in my meer for a couple of months. When I tried some of each in my Virginia briar I found it tasted muddy/dirty. I smoke Gawith Full Virginia Plug in both pipes and don't have a problem but with the straight red I noticed a big difference. I'll only smoke reds in my meer from now on.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
99% of the time I use now meer, morta and clay as they are the best to render the real taste of the baccy.
When looking at morta you have to look at a reputable carver as morta quality is critical and if the material is not top notch it tastes like crap and as the material is harder and more difficult to drill it has to be done by an experienced hand. I have mortas of il Duca (Massimiliano Rimensi) and of Mimmo Provenzano and they are top quality for material and for workmanship.