PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Probably around 15 or so years ago I bought a few hand made Winslow pipes from Esterval. His prices were the best. Since he know who I was,he got them to me next day. Maybe if your were as famous as me, he would give you one day service.

Yes I am lying through my teeth about 1 day service, no he really did have great deals on Winslows graded A-E.

Devil Anse

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2020
California
Placed Estervals order May 16th. Received notification today from USPS package has cleared Customs in New Jersey. En Route to my house dated for July 1st. So if all goes well 6 weeks in total. As other members have stated it went dark for exactly 1 month Before latest notification. Hope this helps some of you who are waiting. DHL was used for shipping from Germany to USA.

Last edited:

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I got an update today about a parcel from Greece that I sold to a US buyer on ebay,it had not updated since 21st May although I had been told it had arrived at chicago on 7 June.It was finally scanned and sent onward yesterday.So things are moving just very slowly
{ have 2 others for members here that arrived at Chicago about the same time that have not updated yet

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
I've had nothing but professional and serious dealings with Esterval.
Shipping between the US and Europe is extremely delayed in both directions these days, unfortunately.

Cargo is being shipped from the US to Europe via freight ships as part of their "air to sea diversions".
They might also be using these same routes for outbound cargo from the EU.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I've had nothing but professional and serious dealings with Esterval.
Shipping between the US and Europe is extremely delayed in both directions these days, unfortunately.

Cargo is being shipped from the US to Europe via freight ships as part of their "air to sea diversions".
They might also be using these same routes for outbound cargo from the EU.

I don't mind the shipping by sea but do they have to ship by sailing vessel?

My order from Estervals shipped on May 29 and the last tracking update was on June 9. My hope of a July 3 delivery is dwindling.

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
I don't mind the shipping by sea but do they have to ship by sailing vessel?

My order from Estervals shipped on May 29 and the last tracking update was on June 9. My hope of a July 3 delivery is dwindling.

I can empathize, I'm still waiting for 2 orders from BriarWorks which have been posted in late April / early May and the last tracking updates were on May 9. I am also slowly starting to lose hope they will ever arrive.

Reactions: BROBS

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I GOT AN UPDATE!
My package from Esterval is now at:

Import parcel center
Target country / region: United States of America
Foreign tracking number: CM929079409DE
Sun, Jun 28, 2020, 10:04 pm

Pipelady20

Can't Leave
Apr 17, 2020
East coast, USA
www.pipesmagazine.com
Placed Estervals order May 16th. Received notification today from USPS package has cleared Customs in New Jersey. En Route to my house dated for July 1st. So if all goes well 6 weeks in total. As other members have stated it went dark for exactly 1 month Before latest notification. Hope this helps some of you who are waiting. DHL was used for shipping from Germany to USA.
Insightful, thanks.

Reactions: Devil Anse

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
For everyone considering a new Estervals order soon: there is a new interesting HU tobacco just released: Rocinante.. the first of a series of three 'grand reserva' tobacco's with 2 years aging in the climatized storage of Kohlhase&Kopp. Virginia, Burley, Kentucky and Perique blend. Found a first very positive review but only in German here. Released 1 day after my last order... so just had to drop 4 tins in a new order....

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
Doesn't UPS; FedEx and DHL have their own international cargo fleet that still operates across the oceans from the major aeroports in The U.S and Europe,at least once a week?

Yeah they do, hence I almost exclusively use those couriers these days where affordable.
German "regular" DHL (which Esterval uses) is handed over to USPS though, as opposed to DHL Express which uses the internal fleet.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I spent an hour last night building a $300 Esterval's order and then closed the browser.

Saved 300 clams! :col: ?

I noted that they were out of most units larger than 100g cans and figured it was due to their recent sale.

I think I'll wait for stocks to replenish a bit before considering my first order.

1593559540766.jpeg

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
It's taken 5 working days from Germany to Greece both times I ordered, but then again in Europe we get higher prices, no sales (that I've seen in 6 months' checking out this website), and no bulk purchase options. Still a reliable place to shop from with a great selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.