PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Hey everyone,
Today is my first day in my dorm and so far so good. Really looking forward to school and everyone was right when they said that I would be too busy and excited to worry about my current situation.

Off to a good start and I plan to keep it that way!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
:worship: waznyf :clap:

If you need any help with calculus...
Don't ask me for it. It was my worst subject. :D
Good luck my friend... Study hard well.

:puffy:
PS If you need someone to "read" a paper for you, shoot me a PM. I'll give you my email.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Good luck with school bro and smarten the fuck up with the rest of your life. Get through your current situation and learn from it. Otherwise we are all comin' over there and puttin' a beatin' on ya.
Cheers.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
If you need someone to write a paper for you it's $100. Just kidding. Don't EVER do that. Don't ever do anything that even remotely smacks of cheating because it will screw your degree and career plans worse than a bad paper ever will.
If you made it this far than you should already know some good study habits, but if you need study and test taking advice I've graduated with honors in 2 degrees and I'm a total slacker that hates school. Like Lawrence said, the key is to study right, not hard. There are people that worked 100x harder than me and even people who cheated that finished behind me, because I know how to study.
When my class finished Mortuary School we found out real quick who cheated because those people could not pass their National Board exams, which were comprehensive, with situational based questions and you had to know the information, not just the answers. When someone graduates next to you in the honors group and can't pass their boards, they cheated and everyone knows it. Sucks to be them.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Baron is exactly right.

If you need a fresh set of eyes on a paper, let me know, I'll be happy to help.
I do have a tip where writing papers are concerned:

You should always write your conclusion first.

This practice will be of tremendous help in structuring your papers. It will add clarity to your intent and provide you with a positive direction when presenting your argument... And, you'll be able to rationally hit every point that you wish to express.

Take it from someone who has written at least a thousand papers in pursuit of a Bachelors and a Masters Degree.

:puffy:

Aug 1, 2012
Skip the drinking and partying. I know many see it as part of the "college experience" but with your past you can't afford it (it's also not remotely worth it or as fun as many would have you believe). Always show up to class, be early to class, sit in the front row, take notes and talk to your professors outside of class. If you want any advice from an educator, PM me. I would be glad to help.
Best of luck and we're all pulling for you,

Sou

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Hey baron what you said about failing the national board exam isn't always true, I failed my registry the first time, not because I didn't know the material but because it's scary sitting in from of a group and talking, don't be so quick to judge. As for Wazny like everyone says study right, it makes the difference, and we have just about every professor imaginable on this board you know where to come for help!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
One tip I can give you is to take advantage of any tutoring services offered at your college. Both of the colleges I attended had learning centers that can help you with papers, math, and science. Good luck to you brother and study hard.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
@ wnghanglow - It was a generalisation and wasn't intended to be all-inclusive. I know testing anxiety wrecks some people. I have a good friend who is a great Funeral Director who struggled the whole way through, even with me helping him study because of that.
That's another side to test-taking. It's 50% psychological. When you do exams of any kind, in your mind it should be you, the test and the information all alone in the room. Find out how to get yourself to that place and you will never fear another test. Unless you got drunk and didn't study.

Status
Not open for further replies.