PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I feel that. It's the time of the year when English blends get back into rotation, one can lunt, hunt, or simply enjoy nature without sweating like a pig. With the equinox the day gets smaller and smaller, but that's fine, we are used to working in the dark around these parts ;)

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
We had a beautiful Fall last week. It is summer again with 90 degrees predicted this afternoon.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I like fall but I hate winters where I live. For weeks at a time it can be nearly -60 Celsius. All of February last year was in the minus forties and fifties. It is terrible.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Already? Man, I have to chop wood before it's too late! Happy Fall to you!

All my wood for this year was split and stacked last fall. I'll need to chop wood soon too, but it will be for burning next year puf

In truth, a one-year seasoning period is essential in my case because I have one of the more recent high efficiency wood stoves, which are inherently finnicky about moisture content of the wood. I still have a lot of appreciation for the old "smoke dragons" that can burn just about anything you put into them, although they will lose significantly more heat up the chimney than a newer high efficiency stove.

Reactions: oldtoby and aquadoc
Status
Not open for further replies.