PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Finally we have managed to get together for our first pipe club meeting, which our "dean" - a serious pipe collector (which un be-known to me leaves a couple of streets away from me), that has brought two shoe boxes full of pipes that we examined and discussed, has suggestively called "The Lonely Sea Wolves Pipe Club". :lol: Let me tell you, it sure feels nice to know that there are other people that share your hobby which you can actually meet and with whom you have a chance to smoke and discuss the topic. We also got a chance to exchange samples of pipe tobaccos from each other, which we smoked and evaluated. The main attraction was a tin of Caledonian by A&C Petersen from the early '90. Needless to say I never had such a rare tobacco - since the early 2000s this tobacco is no longer in production. Over all, it was a wonderful experience, which we are planning to repeat on a regular basis. We have found a local pub that has a back room, and the owner lets us use it for our meeting, since he also is a pipe smoker.
20181209-154319.jpg

20181209-145734.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds like a fine session. Pipes, blends, and sociability. Hope it keeps on.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Thank you all for the kind words.
virginialover e un birt micut langa stadionul Dan Paltinisan, nimic iesit din comun - un bar de cartier, dar suntem multumiti ca putem fuma inauntru. Pe frigul asta ar fi chiar neplacut sa ne intalnim in parc ... te asteptam cu drag daca ai drum pe aici.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I think my head might explode if I met another pipe smoker out in the wild. Its great that you have a location for your meets as well. The closest I get to a pipe lounge is my cigar smoking neighbours garage!

Status
Not open for further replies.