PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Its one I've had in my humidor for a little while. Called a Boneshaker Warhammer. Think about a mafia mob boss looking cigar and you've got the image of this. Big and bold but not overwhelming, I recommend this as an after a really nice meal cigar.
If I'm honest though, I'll probably keep one or 2 of these in the humidor for rare occasions but I kinda prefer my pipe to this. Pipe tobacco is just more flavorful.
Still it's nice after a long day to sit back with a nice cigar and feel like a boss. Haha

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I've been enjoying a lot of Dark Shark maduros from Cigars International lately. Nothing fancy, but a pleasurable smoke nonetheless.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
I found that after smoking a pipe for a year then switching to a cigar again, i enjoyed pipe much more!
Yes I find my pipe much more enjoyable, still it's nice to change things up a little every so often. Although I couldn't help sitting there going "I'd really rather have my pipe"

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
CAO Brazilia, good for when I feel the itch. Always been a fan of Punch and El Rey. Sometimes a cigar just hits the spot,but not every day like it used to be. I'm a pipe smoker...

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Nothing like a stogie between pipes to switch it up. Some moments call for one over the other. Hot evening barbecues with “”grownups” and suds call for a robusto. Holidays seem to beg for a pipe or two. But that’s just me ... :puffy:

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Weezel, Punch Oscuros and El Rey Del Mundo Oscuros are my absolute favourites. Great minds think alike.
BTW. Condor and St.Bruno are blends I'd whip a man's ass over. LOL! :wink:
Just thought I'd add that... lol

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Cigars are just the thing when you need a no-fuss smoke. They're easier to maintain and keep lit. And for cigarette-long smokes, these just hit the spot:
RyJ_minis.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I still enjoy my cigars. I have a full cabinet humidor full of cigars and since I switched to pipe smoking the added benefit is they are now well aged and smoke great.
This is from earlier today. I like to eat peanuts when smoking a cigar.

CHpxttR.jpg

I also enjoy smoking a cigar and a pipe at the same. The flavors compliment each other very well.

IdnQue0.jpg

LnhvEJz.jpg

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
+1 on the Feral Pig. I had an Undercrown Maduro earlier today, and was eating pretzels with it. I love pipes but sometimes a cigar just hit the spot.

I was once smoking a cigar while my friend was smoking 3Oaks Syrian near me and got a crossover effect. It felt like I was smoking Latakia.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
We had a HOT humid summer here in Ohio this year............. needless to say my pipes saw little use. I work second shift, and an after work cigar was my go to most of the summer.

I guess I'm a 50/50 guy, pipes/cigars............. :puffy:

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I tried through a range of cigars when working at a tobacconist shop, I was given them free each week as 'homework' so I could better serve the patrons. I did enjoy them but always found that none of them compared to a pipe for me.
Ironically, the only thing I will pick up now, on the very odd occasion is a 5 pack of the port flavoured backwoods. I guess this is a bit like the idea of a serious cigar connoisseur occasionally stuffing some 1-Q in a cob to mow the lawn...
Isaac

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I still have plenty of cigars and enjoy them, but like you I stil prefer pipe tobacco. Cigars seem to be to one dimensional for me.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
I smoked cigars for years. Now I haven't had one in a year since I started pipes. IMO there is no comparison to the flavors possible. And not having to tend to a humidor is nice too. The only thing I miss about cigars is the feel of having a big 55 plus in your hand.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
npod, I'd heard of "two-fisted drinkers" before but never a two-fisted smoker. :) Years ago I smoked both pipes and cigars but got to the point of only rarely smoking cigars as others have pointed out due to how their flavors don't hold a candle to pipe tobacco. Not much variety in the flavor of stogies. I do have a humidor with about 20 cigars, a variety of brands gifted to me by a co-worker over time which get stored up and seldom smoked-about 3 times per year. So, well aged. Haven't actually bought any for years. Yeah, me, too, about when smoking one I find myself thinking I'd rather be smoking a pipe.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
It's still nice to light up a cigar but the pipe is just more elegant to me. Plus I can set it down, come back and fire it up again without it tasting horrible.
Plus after you smoke a pipe, it's like instant cologne. It's odd but women seem to love the smell of pipe smoke. I even have family who will stop by and ask me to smoke my pipe so they can smell it. My 81 year old grandmother especially. But cigar smoke doesn't seem to leave that good of a smell on you.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Hey npod, is that a draw poker? The long needle like piece of metal? I've been looking for something like that for the occasional plugged up cigar. Years ago I had one from Thompson that had a cradle so the needle would go straight thru... I like the simplicity of the needle solo tho..

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Hey npod, is that a draw poker? The long needle like piece of metal? I've been looking for something like that for the occasional plugged up cigar

That is the Tsuge e-Star long pipe tamper. It my favorite tamper! And it also doubles as a cigar poker for clogged sticks. Link below. Unfortunately, they are sold out since I posted a review.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe-supplies/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=79395
Cheers. I’m smoking a Caldwell Eatsern Standard Cake Walk right now. Aged 4 years. Wonderful.
qIKQGPn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.