PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cragdhack

Might Stick Around
Aug 31, 2021
Romania
Hello everyone,

After receiving a kind monetary gift from a family member, I decided that I should get a centerpiece for my pipe rack.
I've been eyeing it for a while, but it did cost at least twice as much as my other pipes:

The Vauen Auenland Gilg

1651069563629.png
1651069603757.png
1651069644679.png
1651069680144.png
1651069711943.png

At least to my eyes, the wood grain is phenomenal, though it doesn't jump out much.
Bit difficult to find a proper stand for it while setting it down on the table, might have to make one myself.

So far, I've had a few puffs and I am quite pleased, though I have to get used to Churchwarden ergonomics. I'll be pairing it with virginia blends, currently Ashton's Gold Rush.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I enjoy my churchwardens. I find them best when seated in a chair with arms, so I can rest one elbow on an arm and sip from the long stem effortlessly. Trying to navigate them around our rather cluttered house is not easy. But in a chair, pondering great thoughts, a churchwarden is ideal.

Donb1972

Can't Leave
Feb 9, 2022
Erie, PA
I enjoy my churchwardens. I find them best when seated in a chair with arms, so I can rest one elbow on an arm and sip from the long stem effortlessly. Trying to navigate them around our rather cluttered house is not easy. But in a chair, pondering great thoughts, a churchwarden is ideal.
Agreed. I only have one churchwarden, a Ropp cutty, but nothing is quite so relaxing as sipping from a churchwarden while you sit in a cozy chair and read.

Hello everyone,

After receiving a kind monetary gift from a family member, I decided that I should get a centerpiece for my pipe rack.
I've been eyeing it for a while, but it did cost at least twice as much as my other pipes:

The Vauen Auenland Gilg

At least to my eyes, the wood grain is phenomenal, though it doesn't jump out much.
Bit difficult to find a proper stand for it while setting it down on the table, might have to make one myself.

So far, I've had a few puffs and I am quite pleased, though I have to get used to Churchwarden ergonomics. I'll be pairing it with virginia blends, currently Ashton's Gold Rush.
Congrats! I have the Eron smooth and it's beautiful! I also have a few other churchwardens and I really enjoy smoking them :)

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I picked up an Auenland recently as well...the Eron.

I figured I had to have at least one churchwarden, and the only one I had was barely a real pipe...a misguided and ignorant purchase made early on in my pipe smoking journey that turned out to be almost unsmokable: a MacQueen...really just a novelty.

But it did include this nifty stand which now works well for the Vauen:

IMG_20220430_201132.jpg