PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooterdoo

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2018
I know, I know, I'm preaching to the choir, but wow! I'm blown away. It's 12:30 AM and I have work tomorrow and I'm considering staying up so I can smoke another bowl. I really, really enjoyed this. The latakia, the rum...it was all just so delicious. Kept me interested the whole bowl.
My only question is: how can I get this in bulk?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Glad to hear it! Sadly not available in bulk. Years ago prior to Laudasi acquiring C&D, you could buy a pound brick of it like Pirate Kake, but no longer.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
I don't think I've ever seen a bad review of Black Frigate on this forum. Quite possibly the crew gets to the poster beforehand and, ahem, deals with it.
I love Latakia blends, even alcohol topped Latakia blends, but something about Black Frigate does not appeal to me. I bought 3 tins a year or so ago. With high hopes and expectations, I loaded a bowl. I lit it and puffed away. Much to my surprise I hated it. I dumped it after half done. I've tried it 4 more times, with the same results. I traded the 2 un-open tins.
I'm glad you guys love it.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
...how can I get this in bulk?
Ye climb aboard the ship and pillage with the rest of us!
You don't think we're after the gold and wimmin , do ya?
:crazy:
jay-roger.jpg

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I been smoking through some myself. Withholding my opinions as not to seem gung ho on the current fan favorite. But, I will say this, I've enjoyed every bowl. I do however, like to let it breathe a little while before filling a pipe.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
crew gets to the poster beforehand and, ahem, deals with it.
Welllll, yeah, we, er, have been known to do that. But only for those who look like they might try to mutiny again' The Captain. As chief keelhauler I get 'em first (tenderizes them), & then I give them to CCW for the captain's mess. [And you wondered how it got that name. :twisted:]
in bulk?
Ye climb aboard the ship and pillage with the rest of us!
Exactly. There's a reason pirate coat pockets are the size they arrrrrre!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I really enjoyed a tin of it, but haven't reordered because of the abundance of blend samples sent me by Forums members from the Chicago pipe show, a long delayed opening of a tin of SG Brown Sugar Flake, and many other delectable options on hand. I'll order another tin in my slow-motion way. It's a commendable full-strength blend that is subtle and complex at the same time, carefully proportioned. Few regret ordering at tin.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I have a tin of BF waiting for me at home when I get back from school today, and I'm very excited to see if it lives up to the hype. It seems like something I'd be into, so my fingers are crossed.

scooterdoo

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2018
Glad to hear it! Sadly not available in bulk. Years ago prior to Laudasi acquiring C&D, you could buy a pound brick of it like Pirate Kake, but no longer.
Wow, that's rough. I guess I'll just have to slowly accumulate 8 oz tins.

scooterdoo

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2018
I have a tin of BF waiting for me at home when I get back from school today, and I'm very excited to see if it lives up to the hype. It seems like something I'd be into, so my fingers are crossed.
Let us know!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
the hype.
Hap, dear brother, when it comes to BF, there's no such thing. It's simply telling troo trufe. :)
Y'know, upnorth, it's funny -- for special crew she doesn't look anything like Olivia de Havilland or Maureen O'Hara, but from the look I'm betting we won't have to fire a shot. They'll strike their colors the instant they see her!

Status
Not open for further replies.