PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I smoke about 21/25 bowls a week. Less on weekdays and more on weekends.
Is it just me or does the first bowl in the morning always seem to taste the best. Most of the flavors are accentuated and seems to taste better than the same tobacco smoked at the end of the day.
Maybe those that smoke one bowl a day get that better flavor whenever they smoke regardless of the time of day.
Curious what others have noticed.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I don't know why, but that first bowl, with coffee, seems pretty special. I tend to select bold blends with little or no toppings, although something on the sweet side goes well for me too. It must have something to do with breaking the overnight abstinence. Nicotine and caffeine. What's not to like?!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I normally start my day with a milder Virginia flake( F&T Cut Virginia Plug among others). My next pipe will mostly be a dark Virginia flake ( Astleys no 44) My next two bowls are interchangeable. It may be a vaper( Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls) or a vabur ( Mac Baren Old Dark Fired)it depends on the mood for those two.
My system works good for me as my mouth never gets tired. I also drink coffee till around 4pm and then iced tea with Stevia or some diet soda. I have been on an AW diet root beer kick lately.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm an afternoon and evening smoker. I'm not particularly driven by nicotine, though I like the buzz when it arrives. A pipe occurs to me some time after lunch.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I usually don't smoke until I get home from work in the evenings. However, on a weekend morning, I love that first pipe with a big cup of coffee.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Definitely my favorite of the day and usually something with a little kick. With coffee of course.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
My mornings start when most folks are still in bed so, I only get morning smokes on my weekends (Fri-Sat). My routine is not that much different than cigrmaster. A VA with coffee launches any good weekend.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I never smoke in the morning typically. If I’m at the cottage or camping, I often have a post breakfast bowl, usually a VaOr like Cairo or McClelland Classic Samsun

tnfan

Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
Usually don’t smoke early in the mornings as I don’t get up very early. Usually 11 or later before I have my first bowl. Typically it is a mild VA. Rest of the day it depends on what mood I’m in.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Absolutely yes for me. I get up 6 or 7 on the weekends just for that first bowl. After dinner or evenings don’t seem to touch it.

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
Same here. The first bowl does taste the best. Probably because your pallet has had time to neutralize since it has been around 8-12 hours since your last bowl. Your mouth is fresh per say. That's my opinion

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Can't start my day without Escudo and black coffee. I smoke it in a very old thimble size Dublin by Stanwell. At least 2 bowls and a cup, you may now approach and speak.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I only wish I could fit the time to smoke in the morning. Except on weekends, I don't have the time M-F and my job doesn't allow smoking(lots of flammable material).

Status
Not open for further replies.