PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Today I place an order with 4Noggins to get the final blends in the McClelland Grand Orientals line to finish my "collection". I have not had a chance to sample them all yet, but the ones I've tried; Yenice Agonya & Yindije Highland, I have been absolutly thrilled. Really looking forward to trying the rest of the blends in this series!

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I've got a few on my list to order next. I'm really intrigued by Orientals. The tobacco. Not the rugs.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I have to agree with you Roth? Have you found and good oriental foward blends that you would recommend that might highlight more of the oriental leaf?

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I'm quite fond of the grand oriental series although I haven't tried them all yet. So far my favorite is Yenidje Highlander.
I will definitely have to add Tudor Castle to my TAD spreadsheet.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I have some Tudor Castle in the cellar, might have to try and push it closer to the top so I can give it a try!

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
I too ordered a can all the McClelland Grand Orientals during P&C's recent 15% off sale (except those containing latakia) and really enjoyed the few cans I've tried so far.
That said, as a lover of Oriental tobaccos, of those I've smoked so far, I have to say I'd add a bit more oriental leaf in those blends. However, the orientals, while subtle, enhance the blend and make for a totally satisfying smoke.
Which specific ones are you referring to, Roth? Since I caught cold I have yet to put in an order, so I am still debating (and debating and debating) which one/ones to try!

Status
Not open for further replies.