Finding Specific Pipe Shapes/Sizes/Designs Online?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
Gentlemen,
I was recently gifted a "Medico Varsity" pipe by a very generous forum member. I took a picture of it because I've only seen a couple pipes with the same shape/design. The more I look at it the more I like it. I'd like to know what the shape/size/design is called for this particular pipe and if there is a way to search for specific shapes/sizes/designs online. I had heard that there was a number system that correlates to bowl size and I've looked up kind of obscure pipe shape charts, but didn't know if there was a website or sites where you could actually search for pipes in specific categories beyond just a basic Google search of like "Billiard Pipes" or "Small bowled pipe". Any help or direction is appreciated. Thank you.
I'll attempt to post a picture below of the pipe I'm looking at. There is apparently a wide variety of "Varsity" models.

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
Holy crap! I actually posted a picture on my first try! Two pictures even! I should win a prize! I've seen enough dead or broken links on here... :nana:

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
That looks like a prince shape to me. If you are looking for smaller bowled pipes, I would highly recommend french made pipes like Chacom or Sébastien Beo. They both tend to make smaller scaled pipes and can be found at SmokingPipes.com. they are also very competitively priced.

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
It's pretty isn't it! It's really light and smooth too. I just keep going and looking at it. :D

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The prince is a very elegant shape. Most pipe makers offer their take on that shape. here's a shape chart that may be of interest to you.

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
Hey, thanks PA! That's a way better chart than the ones I've been looking at. Good information, guys.

meatballj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
You have a really nice pipe there @mephistopholes. I like that shape and reminds me of a pipe I'd like myself. I've been taxing myself trying to find a pipe like the one shown on the tin of GL Pease Picadilly. It looks to be a rusticated panelled prince but just a touch more rounded at that the top than a normal prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.