PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
To make a long story short, this past weekend I visited a local B&M I hadn't returned to in maybe 18 months. My impression then was of a vape and hookah shop, with just a few pipes and some stray tins.
So imagine my pleased surprise to find the place -- while still selling a wide variety of stuff, as I think they must to survive in this market -- had really upped its pipe game, with a healthy selection of fine makers (including some locals) and an excellent selection of tinned and bulk tobacco (C&D, Pease, Dunhill, Cult and others). They had Squadron Leader, which was out of stock online when I'd looked earlier in the week, and at a very reasonable price.
Pleased surprise turned to something like joy as I was leaving the store and saw a poster for. . . a pipe club meeting. First Monday's of the month. In other words. . .last night.
I attended -- a first for me here in some 30 years in South Florida, after long bemoaning the absence of such a group -- and it was simply wonderful. About eight fellows, a couple of lovely bottles, plenty of tobacco to sample, and even a pipe on raffle. The conversation was outstanding as was the fellowship. I bought a cob on the spot to sample some of the aromatics on offer, and immediately joined up -- with the bonus of a nifty t-shirt.
Turns out that, unbeknownst to me, these guys have been getting together monthly for a couple of years. And about FOUR MILES from my house. What fun.
So next month I'll be back with some tobacco for the club cabinet and a bottle to share. At long last. . . an outpost of my tribe, right here in town. If you find yourself down this way on the first Monday of a month, let me know. I can already tell that you will be welcome.
MIAMI PIPE CLUB

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
A pipe club is wonderful thing. Old farts, good beer, shared blends, admiring other's pipes(and I do mean tobacco pipes). Good friends and good times. :)

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
And about FOUR MILES from my house.

I hear you. I met two pipe smokers from my town via a random meet up elsewhere. Turns out we live close to each other.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
That's awesome. Sounds like a great time. Unfortunately, around here it's impossible to find anyone else that smokes a pipe. Groups of hippies smoking joints and playing the bongos in the forest are a dime a dozen but other humans with tobacco in their pipes just don't exist. Enjoy the group. I'm jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.