PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
So, I like to look at the fresh in pipes over at SP.com, especially the ones I can't afford. I really like Ashton pipes - one day....one day.....
Anyway, on their front page now, is this thumbnail for Ashton:
AshtonSnip.jpg

Unfortunately, click on it, and the pictured pipe isn't there. But it looks cool! Is there a way to find the product page of a sold pipe, I just want to see bigger pics and get more info!

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
What you need to do is copy the part number. Then paste that into the search engine and it will bring up a picture of the pipe. Click on that and you should have the original listing but it will be marked as sold.
Unfortunately, this will not work unless you can get the part number. I just tried and there is not one for that pipe. Dang.

smoker49

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2012
I wish smoking pipes would open an archive site of sold pipes. I like looking at a maker's entire line to see what nuances of style are present in all of their work. I don't need to know prices, but for the pure enjoyment of looking at pipes I would love to see them open one up. We should start a writing campaign to them and see if it could happen in the near future.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Sorry to hijack this thread but is anyone else having problems getting their new photo format to display ? I have no problems when using IE but the pictures will not display when using Mozilla firefox 15.0.1

May 31, 2012
...yep, I agree with rothnh--- best bet is to email them.
For a while I was tracking a certain Stanwell shape and building an image archive and SPC played a large role in gathering good pix.
I discovered that if a pipe sold quickly, then it wouldn't make it into a general google search, for reasons unknown to me, so I became vigilant on Mon & Thurs to document anything that showed up.
I also agree that a "sold pipes archive" is a great idea, although the gallery would be huge!!!! Perhaps too huge!!!
Anyway, to get a good glimpse of the past, you can do a search like this:

ashton brindle site:smokingpipes.com
...and if you do an image search like that, it'll look like this:

a pretty good image/spec archive of SPC sold pipes

...a good gallery!!!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
@undecagon I would give them a call. They could possibly find it or give you some more info so you will know what to search for. Their customer service personnel are top notch.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Thanks, I'll email them tomorrow.
misterlowercase: I checked your search, and it didn't show the pipe in question from the OP, but it did reunite me with another one of ashton's that I loved and wish I could've bought!
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/ashton/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=105899

smoker49

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2012
Thanks for the search tips mrlowercase. That makes window shopping much easier.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a new, Jimmy Craig Ashton. I have two and they are wonderful. Pipes2Smoke has a poker in that finish/color stem:

http://www.pipes2smoke.com/Ashton/AST_24.htm

A_24.jpg

A pipe buddy on another forum had a similar finish straight bulldog on Ebay, I don't believe it was sold but can't find it now. PM me if you want me to check on it's availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.