PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
I have a bit of cash, looking at a new car.

I can drop a grand next payday and get a 2010 Volvo s40 or I can wait and save a bit for a 1980 Mustang 5.0 LX in mint condition for twelve grand. Three grand more than the Volvo and financing would have to wait three months.

I'm a fox body guy, owned a 91 convertible with the V6 pre-covid and really wish I still had it.

I came here to ask the opinion of professional pipe smokers about this important decision. I could be driving a Volvo in two weeks or a neck snapping hot rod in two months.

Thoughts? Comments? Pictures of whatever you erroneously believe is hotter than a fox body Mustang?

Cheers.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
There's more neck snapping available for 12 g's. Way more. But a trunk full of rustica would make anything feel neck snapping puffy

Go with whatever moves you :col:

Reactions: SpookedPiper

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I have a 2009 Mustang. Quite happy with him. Cheap farrier bills (mustangs are known for having good hooves), learns quickly, and a very smooth ride, even at the trot.

What's a Volvo?
I take it you skipped half of your anatomy classes if you don't know what a Volvo is. Here is a hint we can't show pictures of them here.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I take it you skipped half of your anatomy classes if you don't know what a Volvo is. Here is a hint we can't show pictures of them here.
Who needs anatomy class when you have the PipesMagazine.com forum? Everything I need to learn (and re-learn) is right here, man! Besides, I've known about Volvolo Records for quite some time:

volvolo.jpg

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
I have a bit of cash, looking at a new car.

I can drop a grand next payday and get a 2010 Volvo s40 or I can wait and save a bit for a 1980 Mustang 5.0 LX in mint condition for twelve grand. Three grand more than the Volvo and financing would have to wait three months.

I'm a fox body guy, owned a 91 convertible with the V6 pre-covid and really wish I still had it.

I came here to ask the opinion of professional pipe smokers about this important decision. I could be driving a Volvo in two weeks or a neck snapping hot rod in two months.

Thoughts? Comments? Pictures of whatever you erroneously believe is hotter than a fox body Mustang?

Cheers.

if you’ve got family or an ankle biter on the way, then go with the Volvo with their serious safety ratings (kiddie seats look better in a Volvo than a ‘Stang anyway). first problem with a Volvo and it will bite your ass to fix.

If you’re unattached and got some money to spend get the ‘Stang. Plus Mustangs from the 80s are popular again and if you take care of it, it can be an investment. But like @elessar said above, you can get better neck snapping with 12Gs With other cars.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
The Mustang will need a lot of work because, well, Fox body 80s car - not exactly a paragon of reliability and mechanical engineering. Fun though!

The Volvo probably won’t require any work beyond regular maintenance, which is good because nobody will work on it unless you have a friend named Ingmar or Sven. Fortunately they are a paragon of mechanical engineering. Fun? Er, no.

Reactions: SpookedPiper
Status
Not open for further replies.