Finally Tried Dunhill Dark Flake.....Wow!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
Had a tin for a while and finally tried it. I hate to rate it based on just one bowl but I thought it was amazing. I'm a big Virginia fan and also like VaPers but don't like a blend that gets heavy handed with perique. But this has the perfect amount to act act as a condiment. And the Virginias have an unbelievable fermented quality to them. I have read a couple of reviews on here but am curious to know what everyone else thinks of this one. Personally I am planning to add a good bit to my cellar.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I've yet to try this one. I keep putting it in my cart @ Smoking Pipes, then removing it, then adding it...... :crazy:

I like a VA/PER that's a bit heavy on the PER, so this one may not be for me, but I need to order a tin, just for shits and giggles.......... :puffy:

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Don't tell people this is any good. It's readily available and reasonably priced.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Eh, didn't strike me as anything special, but as long as you enjoy what your smoking is all that matters :puffpipe:

Dec 28, 2015
In hindsight I probably shouldn't use descriptions like Wow with an exclamation point after just one bowl. However after a couple more bowls I am pretty much sticking with my original assessment. A really solid Virgina blend with a nice aged / fermented quality to it. Nothing terribly complex about it but I tend to prefer simpler tastes in tobacco. I am not surprised to find differing opinions about it. Differences of opinion seems to be a constant around here. As it should be.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
After smoking a sample I picked up a tin. I forget how it smoked, but it must have been good enough to buy. The only comment I can make about it is how the flakes look in the round tin. They look silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.