PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Nice state of the cellar video and topic! Not got a lot to show, I tend to be kinda disciplined in my TAD by just buying deeper in what I like now. Just got 10 50g tins of MB Navy flake, I tend to smoke one in about 5 to 6 months, so the last few tins should have a little age on them. Having so much opened would drive me crazy.
Thanks! Yeah, that was the big downside about buying the guy's cellar off of him. Every blend that had been started was either in a tin or a ziploc bag, so I knew the clock was ticking on each and every one of them. I had to just buy a bunch of ball jars, jar them all, and take the time to find out what I liked, what I disliked, and everything in between. I will admit, I got a lot more than I bargained for with that! I do have moments where the sheer variety of blends overwhelms me and I can't make up my mind. 32 jars is a lot, but it used to be 48, so I'm pretty pleased with my progress. This is why I just can't bring myself to crack any more new tins at this time. Especially with all of those samples added to the mix. Gotta pace myself... puffy

Reactions: beefeater33

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm always trying to explain to new smokers that their taste will change, but I think it's howling at the wind. When people love a blend today, they think it's forever. With all those unloved aromatics, I'd trade them away, or give them away to some good cause. Culling pipes or blends clears the mind. I should clean out my study with a backhoe, and the tobacco is the least of it. As slow as I smoke, I think I could live to a startling old age and still have plenty of tobacco. I just order a few tins or a few bulk ounces from time to time, and still it accumulates. And now, a meagre few cigars. Sufficient to the day is the evil thereof; there's a scripture worth chewing. I'll post the cigars eventually, a selection sampler of small dog walkers and a five pack of La Perla Habana Black Pearl Oro (?).

Reactions: Servant King

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I'm always trying to explain to new smokers that their taste will change, but I think it's howling at the wind. When people love a blend today, they think it's forever. With all those unloved aromatics, I'd trade them away, or give them away to some good cause. Culling pipes or blends clears the mind. I should clean out my study with a backhoe, and the tobacco is the least of it. As slow as I smoke, I think I could live to a startling old age and still have plenty of tobacco. I just order a few tins or a few bulk ounces from time to time, and still it accumulates. And now, a meagre few cigars. Sufficient to the day is the evil thereof; there's a scripture worth chewing. I'll post the cigars eventually, a selection sampler of small dog walkers and a five pack of La Perla Habana Black Pearl Oro (?).
That's where I'd eventually like to be with my cellar. I've made two online orders in the last six months, and very small ones at that. You're spot on, culling my cellar did provide noticeable mental relaxation. But I do remember your words, and the words of others on here, that tastes perpetually change. That's why I feel good about having a little bit of everything. Curiously, it's the sample variety that induces most of my feelings of being overwhelmed, not so much the jars. Once I've gone through the samples, that'll probably change everything yet again.