PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
The drive from Washington to Arkansas took me about 2 and a half days, and that was followed by a few days of formalities, visiting family and friends, but life is finally starting to get settled. I've been busy applying for jobs and looking for a house. I am definitely enjoying being in a small, quiet town.
Leaving the military is a huge change. Normally, if I go on leave for a few weeks, or make a big move, I know that I will always have the Army waiting for me. That has it's ups and downs. It is a relief in a way to know that it is just my life from here. I meet with my local VA rep tomorrow to get the ball rolling on my benefits. It will probably be a few more weeks before I can spend much time on the forums again, but I will check in when I can.
I got my dad smoking a pipe the other day. We went out and found him a cob at a drug store, and I left him with a variety of samples to play with for the next few weeks until I can get back down there. We enjoyed quite a few good cigars as well. All in all, the last few weeks have been great, the change of pace is really nice. Hope everyone is doing well.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Hey Jason ... glad to hear the transition is smooth so far!
Best of luck in your job and house searches and hope to have you back soon. :)

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
It took me many months to quit standing at ease when I left the Army and I still cringe when I see a man wearing a hat indoors, some training dies hard. Good luck with your transition Jason.

Status
Not open for further replies.