PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jservant98

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2013
Southern Oregon
I recently tried some new tobaccos, Erinmore flake and HH black house. Finally some tobaccos with noticeable flavor! I would highly recommend these two tobaccos. Blackhouse has quite a unique flavor, very smokey. Erinmore is the best by far I have tried yet...The reviews on this site help tremendously.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Finding strong, good flavors was my hardest challenge starting out, after a while, as like many experienced smokers, I began seeking out more subtle, milder blends that smoked smoother. Funny how tastes change!

jservant98

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2013
Southern Oregon
Thanks Eric, I have been smoking aromatics exclusively and have been frustrated with trying to find something that I could actually taste! HH blackhouse was quite a shocker at first but the more I smoked it the more I liked it and Erinmore is just good!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Ah yes the noobie aromatics curse! I reciently got back into them, two aromatics that have a particuarly strong flavor are Moontrance by CAO and Altadis Molto Dulce.

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
jservant Have ya tried "Mid-Day" from Villiger 1888?
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/vi18mipito5t.html#.Un490fn_ls0
Still the best aro I've ever had.

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I recommend this blend to all Aro fans, W.O. Larsen 2013. Awesome blend. Its like a Ribbon cut Erinmore flake but better. The citrus notes similar to Erinmore (though different in specific flavor) with Whisky on top of that. Doesnt get much better!

jservant98

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2013
Southern Oregon
Thanks, those sound like some great tobaccos, I will check them out as soon as I am able! W.O. Larsen 2013 gets great reviews. I admit the (EF) could stand to have a little more flavor.. I have not tried "Mid-Day" from Villiger 1888. Black House has a whole lot of flavor! Thanks rothnh, I saw that the Erinmore mixture got some pretty low reviews not much flavor ect... :puffy:

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
If you like Blackhouse, you may be interested in Fred Hanna's Wilderness and Legends. Also Westminster, Star of the East, Odessa, Engine 99 and Campfire, to name but a few of notable Latakia blends.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
I love Erinmore Flake. Cortez sent me a sample and got me hooked. I bought a tin recently, and have been smoking it all day. Love it. It's like a very light lakeland blend and one of those that calls to me.

craig94yj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2013
Waterford, Ct
I noticed I am becoming a fan of blends with Burleys in them. I like the "nutty" taste. Three I like that I notice good flavor in are 4th Generation 1897 with light vanilla and honey flavoring, MacBaren's London Blend and Mixture Modern. Just something to sample if you have an opportunity.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I don't smoke Erinmore often, but I smoke it regularly. I get a little dark chocolate taste in the last 1/3 of the bowl that I really enjoy. I think one of the reasons I don't smoke that often is that it's pretty wet. Unless I've thought about it in advance, I usually just grab something else that won't take as long to dry out.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
Black House was the first English I bought ( back in February). I must say it had a strong smell, in fact it stunk up the whole order of tobacco! After aging for 7 months, it mellowed a lot, and just smells deep and complex now. Looking forward to my next bowl when I get a hankering for English.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
I have recently taken to latakia, so I'll have to add Black house to my list! Thanks for the insight! :puffy:

jservant98

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2013
Southern Oregon
You are welcome smokeytay33, Blackhouse is bold and has lots of flavor. Its The first latakia I have tried and I was pretty surprised by the smell and flavor. :puffy:

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
You really should give Frog Morton Cellar a shot.
Also if you liked Black House you may enjoy Magnum Opus.
Also as for aro's I also think Villiger's Mid-Day is one of the best.

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
If you like Blackhouse you may like McClellands Blue Mountain which is delightful.

Status
Not open for further replies.