PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Now that's a good looking meer. Loving the seamanship theme also. Smoke it in good health !!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Here's my U.S. Coast Guard Servi. My wife bought it for my Christmas present a couple of years ago.

i0jqi6Q.jpg

Mine's a great smoker. Fully loaded, I can make the bowl last close to 2 hours.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
Nice meerschaum pipe friday! If I owned this pipe I would only smoke Captain Earle's or Pirate Kake or Hamborger Veermaster or Black Frigate or some Navy Rolls type pipe tobacco to keep in with the nautical theme of it. :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the nautical themes on the pipes on this thread. They're eye-catching but not overdone. Tasteful pipes for old salts.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Dang! This got my meer acquisition juices going.... I was wondering if lasers might be used in some of the carvings, and what these suckers weigh. The site I visited (below) doesn't list weight of the few dozen pipes I looked at.
But this surprised me- didn't know Canada had meer deposits.
Deluxe Canadian Block Meerschaum by Emin Brothers in a fit case 8357
All from the following:
Meer Market LINK

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My two favorite meers, both bought about 50 years ago. The bigger one weighs 58 grams, and the smaller one, half that, exactly. Just fresh from the washing machine. (Me. No meers were harmed in this process.)
trax15F.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Dang! This got my meer acquisition juices going.... I was wondering if lasers might be used in some of the carvings, and what these suckers weigh. The site I visited (below) doesn't list weight of the few dozen pipes I looked at.
But this surprised me- didn't know Canada had meer deposits.
Deluxe Canadian Block Meerschaum by Emin Brothers in a fit case 8357

All from the following:

Meer Market LINK
You may be misunderstanding the listing. There is also one for a Deluxe Apple Block Meerschaum. I'm pretty sure meerschaum doesn't grown in apples. :D

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
jpmcwjr - Who carved the one with the grape leaves? I just bought it's twin at an antique/collectible shop for $40 and it is a very nice smoker

I had to put a new tenon and stem on it.

teDM8E6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.