PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks, all! I’m almost afraid it’s going to smoke flawlessly... which will then give me the Dunhill bug that my bank account can ill afford. I only got this one because the price was right, I got it shipped for $160 and just couldn’t pass on it.
Just know that there are also hundreds of thousands of other pipes, perhaps a hundred other marques that will smoke equally well.
Congrats and good luck!

Reactions: mtwaller

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Just know that there are also hundreds of thousands of other pipes, perhaps a hundred other marques that will smoke equally well.
Congrats and good luck!

Too true. I’ve been really loving on my little $125 Briarworks C61 the last few days and marveling at the blissful smokes I’ve been having. I certainly don’t subscribe to the thinking “it’s outrageously expensive, that means it’s the best.” I don’t think I would ever pay the $500-$1000 that a lot of these Dunhill’s command. Leastaways not for a factory pipe.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I was five minutes away from buying this one when I first saw it on the seller's site, classy pipe, but unfortunately, unlike our camerades'in the U.S or Canada, we here who are reciding in the EU are not eligible to get them VAT/sales Tax deducted,

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I was five minutes away from buying this one when I first saw it on the seller's site, classy pipe, but unfortunately, unlike our camerades'in the U.S or Canada, we here who are reciding in the EU are not eligible to get them VAT/sales Tax deducted,

Sorry I took her from you! I’ve been looking at this pipe off and on for a couple months, it was whispering to me and I couldn’t take it any longer. The VAT deduction does make for some impossibly sweet deals here in the USA. This is my second pipe from them and it won’t be the last. Seems like they have quite a regular rotation of estate Dunhill’s coming up for sale, I’m sure you’ll find another one that suits you just as well!

Reactions: anotherbob

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
@mtwaller,Yes Sir, time will tell, but as of now I'm kinda encountering some shortages in funds ,partly due to my recent fairly pricey pipe acquisitions,lol,thats the way it goes here,,

Haha yes, that sounds about right. I’ve been good about not buying any pipes for a few months, but the thrill of the hunt draws you back eventually.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
wow that is a super nice and pretty looking pipe. I love when a pipe is fancy but sticks more to the utilitarian craft side of pipe making over the artsy side. And that pipe is a great example of such an ideal.

Completely agree. I’m a classic, traditional billiard or dublin guy. The craziest I get is the odd yellow stem here or there.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.