PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
This pipe took me at least a year and a half to find. With a few pipes here and there, almost all of 2017 had me looking for a Rosslare Royal Irish 106. I finally found one, of course, but meanwhile I was also searching for a Peterson Grafton 106 for part of 2017 and all of 2018. Of course a few of the former have shown up here and there since, but it's still a rare find. The Grafton however I have not seen another since first laying eyes on it the first time. Until now. I've seen a very few pop up from time to time since, but no 106. And they are indeed handsome pipes. From what I understand, only 5 percent of Peterson's bowls are deemed worthy enough to be considered for a Grafton, which I'm sure contributes to the rarity of the Grafton 106. While looking once again all over creation, I couldn't find one at a U.S retailer or overseas retailer, and after checking once more... POOF! Like magic, this one showed up! And I couldn't be more pleased. The seller, by the way, was awesome to deal with, sending me more photos and answering questions. And when the pipe arrived, he had included three tobacco samples, which was a nice surprise as I've been meaning to try a couple of them.
Anyway, back to the pipe. The Grafton is a light walnut-ish stained, silver banded, and fitted with a lovely black and rust-ish red swirl stem. All together, with the 106 shape, it makes a very classy looking billiard. And I am absolutely stoked to finally be adding this one to my 106 collection. Now I can focus on some easier to find 106, and a couple of Sherlock Holmes pipes that are lately proving difficult (of course... now that I want one) to find.
Hard to get a good photo, but here she is! :puffy: 2019 is starting out great!
T6hUpbs.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
"Enjoy the heck out of it!"....... :mrgreen:
Haha! I see what you did there! :clap: Thank you! And yes, it has some fantastic birdseye on the flanks. I've always been a sucker for birdseye.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I love posts like this! Thanks for showing your trophy. So cool.

Jan 8, 2013
Anthony, as so done who was on the hunt for a specific pipe for a long time, I can appreciate your find. Congratulations!
It certainly makes the acquisition all the more sweet when you finally have one, does it not?
Thanks everyone. I've already loaded it up and smoked it for the first time, and it smokes as sweet as it looks. I'm very happy with it. :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Billiards are great. I don't own, but admire, the Pete 105 and 106. Every time I pack a billiard, I'm feeling at home. Bent and straight.

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks Paul. They certainly are a fantastic looking pipe, and it was well worth the long search to finally get one. I'd love to see a photo of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.