PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
I obtained a Va/per several years back that tasted of alfalfa grass and bitter like that stuff inside the pecan shell, but is neither nut nor shell.

Well, I cramed it into a jar and left it for maybe six or seven years. The time I reopened it prior it smelled of catsup or vinegar, so I resealed it.

Yrsterday out of cutiosity I opened it again. This time no vinegar only a mild smell that was almost sweet. So I tried some of it. Aaahh very nice , it smoked amazingly smooth and tasty. It was almost sweet like a ultra mild aro but yet had a bit of spice, but a sweet and mild spice taste and actually left a mild pleasant room note.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
Just some bulk stuff a fella sent me in a trade from a form. I dont even remember what he called it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, that's a pretty amazing transformation! It must have been a fairly good blend to start with, though.

Usually when you age a crummy blend, you just end up with an old crummy blend. Pease once para-

phrased a friend who observed that 20 yr. old piss is still piss. :lol:

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I've only had GLP Fillmore, and it was "ok" at first but grew on me as I smoked it. I'm currently finishing what looks like he last full bowl. Still not my favorite style of blend, but it's definitely earned a place.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
It was not a flake.

And I normally dont like Va/per s.

So this went from horrible crap to a nice smoke in only seven years.

I guess the same applies to many things though. A 7 year old whiskey aged another seven years goes from nasty to quite nice.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
It was not a flake.

And I normally dont like Va/per s.

So this went from horrible crap to a nice smoke in only seven years.

I guess the same applies to many things though. A 7 year old whiskey aged another seven years goes from nasty to quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.