PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
I was trying not to spend any of my forthcoming tax return on pipes, but I failed.

I have admired Mark's work for many years now. When I first got into pipe smoking back in the early-mid 2000s, I really wanted a sunrise/pristine Tinsky Golden Apple, but it was out of my price range--as I was just a young man with only a meager income.

Now that I'm a less younger man (with still only a meager income), I reckon it's time to treat myself. But I opted for the dark coral finish that Mark does oh so well. I like that finish just as well as the sunrise/pristine. It's more durable/forgiving, and significantly less expensive ;)

I have only just placed the order, but when the finished product arrives (likely next week according to Mark) it should look a lot like this-

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I love my Tinsky. It has a long story to it, but for this post, all anyone needs to know is that I love it and smoke the hell out of it.
View attachment 17461
images

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
alaska', if I may be medically picky, schizophrenia doesn't have anything to do with multiple or dual personality, which is what would make the joke work. Schizophrenia is fragmented thoughts and visual and auditory hallucinations, and other symptoms, but no multiple personalities, not even two. The public has picked up this wrong usage until it is common. It's kind of too bad because the folks who suffer from schizophrenia have enough misunderstanding and stigma on them already. Just thought I'd try to do my part to correct this. Lay people can fudge this, but I want to seek malpractice lawyers when I hear science and medical people misspeak in this way. Grrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.