PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Be careful about one-on-one engagement. Unless you show great restraint and discipline, you are mostly setting yourself up as a target.
Talk, listen, respond only when it it beneficial to the brand.
it certainly changes what is an appropriate response. Example if I say something rude to a member here and they snap back a little no big deal. If someone representing a company does that might stretch out a lot further then people realize.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I were a professional in pipes and pipe tobacco, I probably wouldn't post, or only sparingly with tactical intent and approval within my organization. But I would certainly visit and read threads, very selectively, to see what the consumers were thinking and posting about.

If people are commenting on my brand, or the competition, I want to know that. Also, it's useful to know what blends people are smoking. Reviews would be useful, but individual comments would also help. Nothing speaks louder than your sales figures, but comments from the customer base also help. What they do and don't enjoy and what trends are visible count.

If your outfit doesn't pay attention, the competition may. If you launch a big success, just be sure you are set up to meet the demand and accomplish the distribution.