PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawyer66

Can't Leave
Nov 21, 2020
Grand Cayman
I think it may have come down. I googled their website and this looks like the current sign. View attachment 56457
Not sure what happened. A tragedy.

The greater tragedy at hand is that people walk in and buy all the innocent tobacco and set it on fire. On top of that, the maniacs savor the smoke of the suffering leaf while sharing their thoughts as to the taste of the plants as they burn....Nice store though!

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
From the looks of it they went from Federal Tobacconist to Federal Cigar. Oh the times they are-a changin...
I checked their website. They have been Federal Cigar since the 1920’s, but the sign above the front was Federal tobacconist. The good news is apparently they have opened two more stores (all close to the Massachusetts border). They supposedly have a nice scotch/bourbon lounge.

“Slow Burn Lounge, a modern speakeasy with two locations, is directly connected to our Portsmouth and Dover stores. Each lounge is a unique experience and offers craft cocktails and the largest selection of fine bourbon, whiskey, and scotch in New England, including many private label blends.

While patrons are permitted to smoke cigars on the premises, Slow Burn’s state-of-the-art exhaust system completely refreshes the air every 3 minutes thus providing a relatively smoke-free environment. Every detail has been carefully considered so everyone may comfortably enjoy these amazing bars and lounges.“

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Back when we lived in Maine, we would frequently pass through the lovely little town of Portsmouth, NH. Many of the stores had phenomenal signs over the entrance. My favorite was always this one, but since I wasn’t smoking at the time, I never ventured in.

I can only wonder if their offerings are as enticing as the sign.

View attachment 56439
That one might even be too big for @chasingembers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.