February 2023: Will Cosmic see his shadow?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Accessories
12 Fresh Eltang Basic Pipes
24 Fresh Estate Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
12 Fresh Winslow Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I just figured Groundhog Day had been cancel cultured out of existence --- having said that the wife and I are staying at the B&B where the shots looking out of Bill Murray's room every morning were shot (okay the same shot until it was different) come this summer - they make a big deal out of it, so good for them, but it really does look like a nice place (the connection had nothing to do with the reservation, however).

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I just figured Groundhog Day had been cancel cultured out of existence --- having said that the wife and I are staying at the B&B where the shots looking out of Bill Murray's room every morning were shot (okay the same shot until it was different) come this summer - they make a big deal out of it, so good for them, but it really does look like a nice place (the connection had nothing to do with the reservation, however).
I live 15 minutes away from that B&B. I'll send you a PM soon about other places of interest.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ha, meteorologist have years of educations, training, on the job experience, billions of dollars of satellites and state of the art equipment on hand, and they have to watch some witchcraft and devilry of covens of men talking to a damned rodent to get their weather predictions.
Reminds me of how I made the Secret Santa matches this past year

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Ha, meteorologist have years of educations, training, on the job experience, billions of dollars of satellites and state of the art equipment on hand, and they have to watch some witchcraft and devilry of covens of men talking to a damned rodent to get their weather predictions.
Yes. The coven is called the IPCC and the rat is— well, there's more than one rat actually.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Phil saw his shadow, so it's six more years of groundhogs, I believe it is. My cat's here beside me on the desk and wants to know what time is lunch. He thinks the guide to birds of the Eastern U.S. is a menu.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
and fun fact the ones that get on the local news are hired for charm and looks. Which is one of the reasons they're not always that great at the meteorology part of their job.
Fun bonus fact. The best stupid line in any movie was from the movie Mosquito. "I am meteorologist" "A real meteorologist I study meteors".