Fawlty Towers Reboot? Nah, I Don't Think So.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I saw this on the news last night and thought it a hopeless idea, now I've read more I'm even more convinced it would never work.

The original Fawlty Towers (a mere 12 episodes in total if memory serves me right) was an absolute comedy classic of its time and a shining star of what can be done with the right characters in any given situation.

I just cannot see the wonderful comedic chemistry twixt all those characters being revitalised and being anything other than a total flop today.

We shall have to see!

Regards,

Jay.

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
I found it a bit too daft for my liking. But Manuel was a great character, really funny.
Also Basil hitting his car still makes me laugh. I will see if I can post some clips.

Reactions: Merton

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I saw this on the news last night and thought it a hopeless idea, now I've read more I'm even more convinced it would never work.

The original Fawlty Towers (a mere 12 episodes in total if memory serves me right) was an absolute comedy classic of its time and a shining star of what can be done with the right characters in any given situation.

I just cannot see the wonderful comedic chemistry twixt all those characters being revitalised and being anything other than a total flop today.

We shall have to see!

Regards,

Jay.
I think it would work if they called it Flowery Twats instead.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I’d be surprised if society either accepted or found funny the comedy of that era that was outrageously funny because instead of laughing at the ridiculousness somebody’s tender wittle feelers would be bruised and their lawyers would be phoned about the life altering damage to their psyches. Plus, the cast was so perfect in the original! Priceless humor!!!