PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Verdant

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2021
Pacific Northwest
Thought it would be fun to share our favorite pipe-drink and/or pipe-food pairings. Might discover something wonderful from your musings. Here are my own findings:

• Oriental-heavy English goes best with coffee (who's going to contest me?? Introduce me to another combo?)
  • Once I've mostly exhausted the nice aftertaste of a smoke (particularly for English/Balkan) I like the way peppermint gum interacts with the aftertaste
  • Brown Bogie and bread, Brown Bogie and red meat
  • Brown Bogie and peppermint mmhmm
  • Oban or Balvenie and straight virginias or Va/Bur
Cheers :)

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
Miller Lite goes just fine with most blends I smoke. I have completely beer-geeked myself full circle. Over the past 20 years I went from starting to enjoy craft beers, to constantly frequenting brewpubs, to all-grain homebrewing, and now I just drink easy stuff like Miller Lite or Modelo. Go figure.

Coffee is a nice pair if it's a morning smoke. I'd love to hear from folks who enjoy wine with their tobacco. Which types of wines with which blends of tobacco, etc.

Verdant

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2021
Pacific Northwest
Miller Lite goes just fine with most blends I smoke. I have completely beer-geeked myself full circle. Over the past 20 years I went from starting to enjoy craft beers, to constantly frequenting brewpubs, to all-grain homebrewing, and now I just drink easy stuff like Miller Lite or Modelo. Go figure.

Coffee is a nice pair if it's a morning smoke. I'd love to hear from folks who enjoy wine with their tobacco. Which types of wines with which blends of tobacco, etc.
Ha I've had the same beer experience and I landed on Miller Lite as well. Too bad Olympia stopped making beer :( . My micro of choice is Fremont Lush and I pretty much don't vary from that any more.

Reactions: Johnny_Pipecleaner

Daydreamer

Might Stick Around
Mar 18, 2021
Indiana
Thought it would be fun to share our favorite pipe-drink and/or pipe-food pairings. Might discover something wonderful from your musings. Here are my own findings:

• Oriental-heavy English goes best with coffee (who's going to contest me?? Introduce me to another combo?)
  • Once I've mostly exhausted the nice aftertaste of a smoke (particularly for English/Balkan) I like the way peppermint gum interacts with the aftertaste
  • Brown Bogie and bread, Brown Bogie and red meat
  • Brown Bogie and peppermint mmhmm
  • Oban or Balvenie and straight virginias or Va/Bur
Cheers :)
I haven’t tried it yet, but with cigars especially maduro I like Guinness or Dragons Milk so I wonder how that would work with a strong English blend.