Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink with Virginia/ Vapers?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Puff nstuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2021
Inland Southern California
For warm weather smoking I've found that bottled sweetened green tea like Lipton Citrus Green tea goes nicely with Vapers. I also enjoy lightly sweetened iced tea, and iced coffee with cream works well. And of course, plain old ice water. When the weather cools, Earl Grey is fantastic with Virginias.

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
Another vote for tea... A nice cup of builder strength English/Irish sweet milky tea works well in autumn with a pipe of Bosun.

I also like various other varieties both hot and cool over the seasons. Straight earl grey; Darjeeling or even Oolongs or Dancongs etc.

Iced tea or coffee in the summer mornings pairs well with many blends.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Yorkshire Tea. Also I suggest dedicating a pipe or so to your VA blends. Some pipes work better with VA than others, you'll want to find one you can taste the subtleties with.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Capstan Blue tastes a bit like sweet tea that's been left out a few days to develop a little "tang"...
So maybe leave some sweet tea out too long and see if it's a fit? ;-)

More seriously, IMO the only drink pairing that ever seemed to work, for me, was coffee with English and Balkan blends.

For VAs you may be best with water.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Lucky for you I came across this thread. I have all your answers and your will forever be thankful to me as long as you live.
Cafe Dumond Coffee originally made in 1862 in New Orleans and the the place still stands today. No more wasting beans and burr grinders and machines that costs thousands.

I use a 12 cup Mr Coffee. I uses 5 heaping table spoons in the basket and fill the water too 12 cups. I hit the button and ten minutes or so later it is done. I use a quarter of a plastic 12 ounce cup for the half and half and heat it to exactly 29 seconds. You can play a little bit with the half and half depending on how strong you like your coffee. What makes this coffee unique is they use Chicory. It gives it a heavy body and just works great. I highly recommend trying this at is cheap around 7 bucks for a 15 oz tin of ground coffee. If you follow my instructions you will have reached coffee Nirvana. No more beans, no more Burr grinders, no more Vacuum coffee makers, Just a can and a MR Coffee for pure bliss. Don't even begin to doubt me as you will have ruined the best pipe and coffee combo you could ever experience.

Next, I like Rootbear, I like Beer, I like Bloody Mary's, I like Vodka Gimlets. Grey Goose vodka only. I also drink at night some Luzianne decaf iced tea. I like it sweet and only use Stevia. It you are type 2 Diabetic, it is the bomb.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Lucky for you I came across this thread. I have all your answers and your will forever be thankful to me as long as you live.
Cafe Dumond Coffee originally made in 1862 in New Orleans and the the place still stands today. No more wasting beans and burr grinders and machines that costs thousands.

I use a 12 cup Mr Coffee. I uses 5 heaping table spoons in the basket and fill the water too 12 cups. I hit the button and ten minutes or so later it is done. I use a quarter of a plastic 12 ounce cup for the half and half and heat it to exactly 29 seconds. You can play a little bit with the half and half depending on how strong you like your coffee. What makes this coffee unique is they use Chicory. It gives it a heavy body and just works great. I highly recommend trying this at is cheap around 7 bucks for a 15 oz tin of ground coffee. If you follow my instructions you will have reached coffee Nirvana. No more beans, no more Burr grinders, no more Vacuum coffee makers, Just a can and a MR Coffee for pure bliss. Don't even begin to doubt me as you will have ruined the best pipe and coffee combo you could ever experience.

Next, I like Rootbear, I like Beer, I like Bloody Mary's, I like Vodka Gimlets. Grey Goose vodka only. I also drink at night some Luzianne decaf iced tea. I like it sweet and only use Stevia. It you are type 2 Diabetic, it is the bomb.
Cigrmaster, your very endearing confidence and specificity in this post has me almost persuaded to order this stuff! What a hoot! Thanks for the smile :)

Masterblaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2021
Evans, GA
SBC, glad I could give you a smile. I am serious though. Du Monde is the nectar of the gods, trust me.
Ok I'll bit... err drink I guess! 🤪 I tried Community Coffee once with chicory and was not impressed but after your recommendation and and reading a little bit about it, sounds pretty good! They also sell a French roast without The Chicory. May pick up one of each and try them out! Coffee so far has been my go-to drink with pipe tobacco no matter what the blend type.. Im always looking for a good bald (in flavor) coffee! Will let you know as soon as I try some!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Ok I'll bit... err drink I guess! 🤪 I tried Community Coffee once with chicory and was not impressed but after your recommendation and and reading a little bit about it, sounds pretty good! They also sell a French roast without The Chicory. May pick up one of each and try them out! Coffee so far has been my go-to drink with pipe tobacco no matter what the blend type.. Im always looking for a good bald (in flavor) coffee! Will let you know as soon as I try some!
It has to be Cafe Dumonde coffee. The red can french market coffee you see in stores is crap. Do not waste your time with anything butt Dumonde.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
For VAs you may be best with water.
I did a few internet searches recently on beverage pH, and was kind of surprised that nearly everything was more acidic than water. I was expecting tea or coffee to be more alkaline, but I guess not. So water it is, when I’m zinging myself with a Virginia! 😅