PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
So any suggestions? I was got a gift card so sadly I have to use Amazon but I have rewards also.
So I have heard the Sav Miele Honey's are wonderful but I also feel drawn to Peterson Holmes types.

I have a handful of estates right now. I may like the estate Nording handmade older well restored the most, then my 320KS Sav, Rossi- and not much to write home about from there. I am trying to get to a decent enough level to not beat up too much on any one.

I like the looks of the Peters Sherlocks as mentioned. The Sav Miele Honeys and the Alligators are nice looking and the Sav I have it pretty good for the price.

I am looking for new- and yup, needs to be off of Amazon.

Longer smoke, COOL smoke please, finish I am open to. I love smooth but they seem to lose charm quickly and I am growing weary of polishing my collection nightly lol.

Any suggestions?

Thx

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
Have you looked at a Savinelli Qandale?
So can you point one out on this page? I ask because as mentioned- I really only have Amazon $ lol. Credits and a gift card.
I tried searching on "Qandale" and no luck. I did see a reference to "626".

Now I do have a 320KS and I like it. It has a couple growing pains but it's young and smokes dry and cool. Winner there.
I had been looking at the Miele's honies. Nice. I must say I am sort of attracted also to that look for the Peterson Holmes bent smooth model with PLIP. Not excited about the plip really but I think it's unavoidable if one goes that route/model. Half my pipes are difficult cleans until cool and stem removable now.

Interestingly- the estate Nording I got from "pipepinnacle" (may have got that name wrong) on Ebay is really my favorite for now. I recently got a nice estate Ben Wading but I hate that it smokes hot and a touch of gurgle with the aromatics even when allowed to sit out overnight.

So- are you thinking the longer stems perhaps? I may be up for that. I'll need to store that on a gun rack though lol.

THANKS FOR UR TIME!

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
this guy is a great seller.. you can buy through amazon and same as webstore.
I'd get two pipes if I were you.. you should be able to get two sub-$100 pipes.
Thanks- I am betting I got something from him on Amazon.
I really want to get a NICE pipe with what I have to burn. I am stocking up on ones that need attention and that's fine. I have a handful of quite serviceable ones now, also.

I don't see a day too soon for the magic say $500 pipe. Shoot- people are ready to kill around here for a bag of T.P.
WTH happened over the last few days? Insanity spending a day trying to get groceries and some cleaning products. I should resell my mold mask (for home fixes) and bulk T.P.
I digress but what a weird day in the city

But no kidding- that storefront/seller (I've used I think) has a ton of Peterson's and such that are around $100.
Hmmm

Reactions: BROBS

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
So can you point one out on this page? I ask because as mentioned- I really only have Amazon $ lol. Credits and a gift card.
I tried searching on "Qandale" and no luck. I did see a reference to "626".

It looks like no Amazon vendor currently has one in stock.

I have a Savinelli 305 that is one of my favorite pipes in addition to my Qandales.

It seems you will be pretty happy with either Savinelli or Peterson so look for a shape and chamber size you like and then find it on Amazon.

Here's Savinelli's website where you can search through shapes/sizes/models/finishes:

I like the suggestion above of getting 2 pipes. Perhaps a Savinelli and a Peterson both?

If you like the Qandale you'll likely have to wait for it to come back into stock at an Amazon retailer. They usually don't stay in stock too long but they don't disappear overnight either.

Reactions: cosgringo

cosgringo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2019
CO Springs
It looks like no Amazon vendor currently has one in stock.

I have a Savinelli 305 that is one of my favorite pipes in addition to my Qandales.

It seems you will be pretty happy with either Savinelli or Peterson so look for a shape and chamber size you like and then find it on Amazon.

Here's Savinelli's website where you can search through shapes/sizes/models/finishes:

I like the suggestion above of getting 2 pipes. Perhaps a Savinelli and a Peterson both?

If you like the Qandale you'll likely have to wait for it to come back into stock at an Amazon retailer. They usually don't stay in stock too long but they don't disappear overnight either.
Thanks- it makes sense. I feel overwhelmed by all the models / shapes to be honest. I have a lot going on besides pipes- the horror!
So I really am suddenly attracted (well online pics) to the Sherlock series like Watson. I have heard some smoke hot. I would like to avoid that though realizing it varies for a ton of reasons.

If I did the Sherlock series that's a one pipe buy. Love the Sav's- don't have a Peterson. The quandary.

I do like to clench and do get annoyed with too small of bowl. Superlight not needed from my grip lol.

So a thicker more bent and smooth perhaps. Frustrating it is to keep smooths perfect but that's what my rusticateds are for.

I am not sure I am up for a super long stem due to storage and other reasons. I am talking more like Churchwarden at that point.

Better to see in person I guess. Perhaps I'll go annoy my tobacconist and buy some tins to make her happy- yup a woman owned pipe/cigar smoker with a good selection but I have to use the monies I have access to.

Thank u sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.