PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have decided to sell a few of my 2012 bags of Stonehaven. Each bag is an incredibly cheap 1500.00 per bag. I know, I am basically giving it away but that is the kind of guy I am. No thanks are required. I can do 6 right now with more for later.
Just post on this thread and I will sign you up.

hymnchimney

Might Stick Around
Feb 18, 2020
Morganton, NC
Stonehaven is the only one I like, but I refuse to overpay or go through the frantic stress to chase it down (I mean damn, it's not Harry Lime). The last time I ordered some, a bag of Penzance showed up instead....and of course the Stonehaven was gone by then, so that guy is sitting there lonely on my shelf.
I'd be happy to dispose of that nasty old Penzance properly for you, if you'd like

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
If I had to pick only two they'd be Brighton and Scarborough. Dunbar, Tilbury, and to a lesser extent Stonehaven round out as firm runner-ups.

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
Dunbar and Margate for me! Dunbar is my go to warm weather/outdoor/summer blend. Really want to try some Stonehaven but like many I’m not willing to pay $$$$ for a sample I might not like.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Mine are (from the ones I’ve tried):
Dunbar (my absolute favorite of theirs)
Tilbury (close runner up)
Pembroke
Dorchester
Margate
(although sometimes I’ve gotten some flat, not so good tasting batches but when it’s on... its spot on!)
Blackpool
Stonehaven
(a rare treat, certainly not an everyday smoke for me)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
What a bunch of cheapskates. The only ESo I smoke is Stonehaven. I have been smoking nothing but 2007 vintage as a few years ago a guy sold me 3 pounds at 83 a pound. It remains one of the best tobacco deals I ever received. Back in the day smokersforum.uk had guys selling popular blends for short money. One other guy sold me 2006 Samuel Gawith in a 3 pound lot for 55 a pound.

I really miss that site as deals were every where. Imagine in 2012 or 2013 buying 7 100 gram tins of 2002 solani 633 for 18 a tin.

You just don't see these kinds of deals anymore.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Stonehaven. Been smoking it for 25 years or so. Not so much lately as I am running low.

Pembroke was the first tobacco I bought 8 ounces of without trying it first, along with my first hand made pipe at the first NASPC show. Then tried Stonehaven and that was that.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I really love their fruit topped Englishes like St. Ives and ASTB. Pembroke is right up there with them. Penzance is fantastic on occasion but I kinda prefer the others.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I really love their fruit topped Englishes like St. Ives and ASTB. Pembroke is right up there with them. Penzance is fantastic on occasion but I kinda prefer the others.
You should try Mac Baren's Plum Cake and The Solent Mixture.

Reactions: rushx9

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I can live without latakia so TIlbury and Dunbar for me. I traded some Margate for some SG Plugs recently, I just don't smoke latakia much anymore but a nice VA plug will always get smoked around here.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I can live without latakia so TIlbury and Dunbar for me. I traded some Margate for some SG Plugs recently, I just don't smoke latakia much anymore but a nice VA plug will always get smoked around here.
Know the feeling, traded a bag of Penzance a while back for two tins of Murray's era Three Year Matured Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.