PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Have had a few Dunhills, and it just didn't take. More American, Italian, and Danish here.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Sasieni, hands down. Also love Comoy's. I'm talking pre-transition, of course. Current English pipes? Ashton.

I really enjoy my Northern Briars Pipes. Great prices and designs, and I can get a new one for what an estate vintage big name goes for. I do have a couple of Dunhills and GBDs, great pipes, but I get the most excited about my Northern Briars. Plus, Ian Walker has made plans to visit The Briary, so I am anxious about that.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Older production, I love Comoy and Sasieni. Newer, Ferndown is king, with Ashton and Northern Briars close behind.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I really enjoy my Northern Briars Pipes. Great prices and designs, and I can get a new one for what an estate vintage big name goes for. I do have a couple of Dunhills and GBDs, great pipes, but I get the most excited about my Northern Briars. Plus, Ian Walker has made plans to visit The Briary, so I am anxious about that.
Second vote for Norther Briars. I now have 3, they all smoke excellent. Great value IMHO. And The Briary has a pretty good selection.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This won't come as a surprise, given the nickname under my avatar, Barling. I'm also partial to Sasieni, Comoy, and Charatan. At some point I'll have to try out BBB and GBD, or maybe not. I'm pretty much done with buying pipes.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
my small collection consists mainly of GBD (6) ,Charatan (6) and Dunhill (5) Barling (7) with a couple of Ferndowns,Peterson,s and a 1911 Loewes thrown in.

I do have 4 foriegners though 2 x Castello and 2 x Michael Kyriazanos

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
My collection is based mostly on old British pipes - Barling, Comoys, Loewe, Charatan, Dunhill, Orlik and pre-rep. Peterson.
But in the modern era, I feel that James Upshall must also be mentioned in dispatches - especially the 'early' ones of the 'Barry Jones era'. Of these, I have 2 P-grades, 2 G-grades and a treasured E-grade. All my Upshalls have lovely grain, perfect staining and are very light in weight for their size (& are great smokers!}.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have only five English pipes. My favorite is a Ferndown given me by a Forums member, a bent billiard, and hard to beat as a smoker. I also enjoy my more down-market English pipes, a Parker cherrywood/poker, a quarter bent smooth Britannia Dublin double bore, a Ben Wade slightly bent smooth pot, and a Plymouth straight smooth billiard. I bought the Plymouth from SPC as an unsmoked estate pipe after it had been offered for more than a year -- nice pipe, better than the photo.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I have a crushed meerschaum pipe that was made by Barling. It is a beautiful English pipe and is one of my favorites.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Northern Briars and Ferndown. I have about twenty of each, wide variety of shapes, and I love each one. My favorite smokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.